Congress, BJP allege Uttar Pradesh medical officer murderedJune 23rd, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) A day after a deputy chief medical officer was found dead in a Lucknow jail, Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday alleged that the officer was murdered.
Y.S. Sachan, the main accused in the murder of chief medical officer (Family Welfare) B.P. Singh, was found dead under mysterious circumstances Wednesday night inside the Lucknow district jail hospital.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe in the matter.
“It is evident because of the circumstances that it is a case of murder and not suicide. BJP demands a proper CBI inquiry in a transparent and time-bound manner so that all the facts are known,” Prasad said.
Alleging a conspiracy, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh said the circumstances pointed to a murder.
“The government says that the deputy CMO (chief medical officer) committed suicide last night, but the situation is such that it does not seem to be a case of suicide,” he said.
Sachan was also linked to the murder of B.P. Singh’s predecessor Vinod Arya, who too was similarly shot dead.
Sachan was facing charges of not only masterminding Singh’s murder but for also giving money for what was officially termed as “contract killing”.
- Five suspended for medical officer's death in jail (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Dead medical officer's kin demands CBI probe, opposition cries foul - Jun 23, 2011
- Court rejects CBI probe plea in medical officer's death - Jun 24, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Sachan death case Friday - Jul 07, 2011
- Medical officer's death sparks protests in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 23, 2011
- Accused in medical officer's murder dies in jail - Jun 23, 2011
- Doctor's death: Murder case filed on family's plea - Jun 26, 2011
- SC/ST panel questions Uttar Pradesh on doctor's death - Jun 25, 2011
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Irregularity in rural health fund spending in Uttar Pradesh' - Aug 09, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh jail death: Family plans legal action - Jun 24, 2011
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI arrests ex-CMO in Lucknow - May 07, 2012
- Doctor's death in jail: Family moves Supreme Court - Jul 07, 2011
- Rights panel serves notices to Mayawati government - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: arya, b p singh, bharatiya janata party, bjp, cbi inquiry, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, digvijay singh, district jail, family welfare, general secretary, giving money, lucknow district, medical officer, murder the government, mysterious circumstances, prasad, ravi shankar, spokesperson, vinod