Congress asks Akhilesh to act against BSP leadersMay 18th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 18 (IANS) Calling for stringent action against Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leaders found involved in graft, the Uttar Pradesh Congress Friday told the Samajwadi Party government that merely digging out corruption cases will not help.
Admitting that the Akhilesh government was doing service by bringing out scams that took place during the previous BSP government, Congress leader Siraj Mehndi said it would have been better had the government expedited action against corrupt officials and BSP leaders.
“It has been more than two months since this government came to power, but other than digging out corruption cases of the previous government, no tangible action has been taken by the government,” he said.
He pointed out that in the probes conducted by Lokayukta Justice N.K. Mehrotra, very strong cases were made out against several ministers and BSP legislators.
He also said that delay in follow up action against such tainted politicians would severely damage the “war against corruption” launched by the Samajwadi Party government.
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Akhilesh orders probe against former UP power minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Former BSP minister's supporters threaten UP Lokayukta - May 07, 2012
- UP government compromised on Maya's graft: BJP - Jun 15, 2012
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Sack minister indicted by Lok Ayukta, Congress tells Mayawati - Nov 29, 2011
- Yeddyurappa case: Congress advises Advani to end yatra - Oct 15, 2011
- Akhilesh regime refuses probe into 'sugar mill loot' - Jun 14, 2012
- Whistleblower hounded by Uttar Pradesh minister - Sep 15, 2011
- Graft shadow over Lokpal panel; Civil society backs Bhushans (Intro Roundup) - Apr 22, 2011
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- Embarrassed over Kushwaha, BJP targets Congress, BSP (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Congress slams BJP for admitting Kushwaha (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- BSP protests renaming of Lucknow's Kanshi Ram park - Aug 07, 2012
- Akhilesh not serious on scam probe: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: congress leader, corrupt officials, corruption cases, graft, legislators, mehndi, party government, politicians, probes, Samajwadi Party, scams, siraj, stringent action, tangible action, uttar pradesh