Congress approached Anna: KejriwalOctober 9th, 2011 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Hisar (Haryana), Oct 9 (IANS) Activist Arvind Kejriwal Sunday claimed the Congress has been approaching Anna Hazare to seek an end to the ongoing tussle between the two sides on the Hisar by-election in Haryana.
“Nobody has approached me but I think some people (from Congress) have been approaching Anna ji and some people went to meet him yesterday (Saturday),” Kejriwal told reporters here.
Kejriwal, who has been campaigning against Congress in Hisar, denied any kind of compromise between the two sides until the Congress commits to pass the Jan Lokpal bill.
“There can’t be a compromise as we need a strong Lokpal Bill,” he said, adding that Team Anna is treating Hisar by-election as referendum on Lokpal Bill.
“I appeal to people of Hisar to give befitting reply to Congress in the by-election,” he added.
The by-election to the Hisar seat, to be held Oct 13, was necessitated after former chief minister and sitting MP Bhajan Lal’s death in June.
Hazare has appealed to voters not to vote for Congress as it is not ready to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill in winter session.
- We're treating Hisar as a referendum: Kejriwal - Oct 09, 2011
- Don't vote for Congress: Hazare appeals to Hisar voters - Oct 07, 2011
- No problem with Congress if Jan Lokpal bill passed: Kejriwal - Oct 10, 2011
- I am not winning because of Anna: Bishnoi - Oct 17, 2011
- Congress denies Anna impact in Hisar - Oct 17, 2011
- Hisar election is historic for India: Gadkari - Oct 09, 2011
- Hazare to resume Lokpal bill agitation after Dussehra - Oct 04, 2011
- Congress will be routed in Hisar: survey - Oct 12, 2011
- Give Congress a historic defeat in Hisar: Team Anna - Oct 08, 2011
- Hisar votes Thursday in a crucial by-election - Oct 12, 2011
- Man thrown out of Kejriwal rally for asking questions - Oct 09, 2011
- Your supporters misleading you, Digvijay tells Anna (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- BJP to keep away from Anna's anti-graft stir - Oct 04, 2011
- Lokpal panel should be allowed to do good job: Singhvi - Oct 04, 2011
- Hisar turnout over 70 percent, all by-polls peaceful (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2011