Congress appeasing minorities: RSS chiefOctober 17th, 2010 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Oct 17 (IANS) The Congress has coined terms like “Hindu and saffron terrorism” to appease and consolidate its minority vote bank, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat said Sunday.
Speaking at the annual Dassehra function here, Bhagwat alleged that those who speak of secularism actually create a rift among different communities.
“Any attempts to bring together the Hindus, Hindu saints and talk of Ram Temple is viewed with suspicion. We must foil their game plans,” Bhagwat urged his activists.
His comments follow uproar in parliament after Home Minister P. Chidambaram used the expression “saffron terrorism” to refer to Hindu radicals accused of terrorist activities.
The RSS chief declared that the struggle to construct a Ram temple in Ayodhya was not directed against any community and called upon Hindus and Muslims to unite over this issue.
Touching upon Jammu and Kashmir, Bhagwat said that it was futile to engage the separatist groups in a dialogue.
The special powers given to the armed forces in Jammu and Kashmir must not be diluted, he said.
Alleging that Indian Maoists were linked with the Chinese, Bhagwat said it was important to keep an eye on China in this regard.
Besides thousands of RSS workers, members of the public were present at the venue — the RSS headquarters. The chief guest was music director Hridaynath Mangeshkar.
- Mohan Bhagwat slams central government - Jan 03, 2011
- Verdict has paved way for grand Ram temple: Bhagwat (Lead) - Sep 30, 2010
- Mohan Bhagwat accuses Congress of deliberately linking RSS to terror - Jan 10, 2011
- RSS justifies chief's statement on PM candidate (Lead, superseding previous story) - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS justifies chief's statement on prime ministerial candidate (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- BJP will never accept dilution of Indianness: Gadkari - Feb 01, 2010
- BJP, RSS call second struggle to abolish Article 370 - Mar 20, 2010
- Sonia creating Hindu terror bogey: Singhal - Jan 07, 2011
- Sharad Yadav dodges queries on Modi as PM row - Jun 20, 2012
- Time to build a temple, forget past acrimony: RSS - Sep 30, 2010
- RSS holds nationwide protests against Hindu terror tag - Nov 10, 2010
- No question of regret over Babri demolition: Mohan Bhagwat (Lead) - Dec 05, 2009
- 'Parivar' splits on Mumbai issue - BJP backs RSS, Sena isolated - Feb 01, 2010
- BJP may split if RSS takes charge (Comment) - Nov 21, 2009
- 'Don't view Ayodhya verdict as victory or defeat: RSS chief - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: bhagwat, chief guest, hindu radicals, hindu saints, hindus and muslims, home minister, jammu and kashmir, maoists, minority vote, mohan, music director, ram temple, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, rss workers, saffron, secularism, separatist groups, terrorist activities, uproar, vote bank