Congress accuses BJP government in Madhya Pradesh of corruptionFebruary 6th, 2009 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 6 (IANS) The Congress party Friday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Madhya Pradesh of large-scale corruption in central government sponsored schemes. Talking to reporters, Congress national general secretary Narayan Sami said, “The state government is being provided ample funds under various central government schemes like the Rojgar Guarantee Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana, but during my recent tour to Bundelkhand I saw that the funds were misappropriated on a large scale.”
He also accused the government of appointing people affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh in the central government sponsored Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
Sami refuted Chief Minister Shivraj Singh’s charge of discrimination against the state government by the central government, and said it has been provided more funds during the United Progressive Alliance regime as compared to the National Democratic Alliance rule.
The Congress general secretary said his party would announce candidates for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls by the end of this month.
“Early announcement of candidates would definitely give the party an upper hand,” he said.
Madhya Pradesh Congress president Suresh Pachouri said his party would stage ‘dharnas’ (sit-ins) at all district headquarters in the state to protest unscheduled power cuts, victimisation of farmers and to demand that agricultural loans be waived.
“The party would also demand benefits of Sixth Pay Commission for the state employees,” he said.
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Ramesh writes to Sinha, refutes charges of discrimination - Aug 23, 2012
- Govt. grants aid for construction of rural roads in Manipur - Feb 07, 2011
- Over 400 centrally-funded roads found defective in Chhattisgarh - Mar 03, 2011
- Rural ministry working on village roads scheme, says Ramesh - May 19, 2012
- Mayawati muisused funds for rural health, says PM - Feb 17, 2012
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Madhya Paradesh claims 12 percent fall in poverty - Mar 21, 2012
- Chhattisgarh probes engineer's donation to Maoists - Feb 21, 2011
- Will tailor rural roads scheme for northeast: Ramesh (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Give freedom to states in use of rural funds: Ramesh - Feb 26, 2012
- 'More autonomy for states to implement rural schemes' - Apr 08, 2012
- Centre to continue two-pronged approach to contain Naxals: Chidambaram - Apr 23, 2010
- Rs.217 crore central funds for Bihar's rural roads - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: agricultural loans, ample funds, bharatiya janata party, central government, chief minister, congress party, congress president, district headquarters, general secretary, government schemes, lok sabha polls, mantri, narayan, national democratic alliance, progressive alliance, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, state employees, state government, suresh, yojana