Confident 2G judgment will be out Saturday: SwamyFebruary 4th, 2012 - 12:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) Janata Party chief Subramanian Swamy said he was confident that judgement would be delivered later Saturday after a trial court deferred his plea on the alleged role of Home Minister P. Chidambaram in the 2G spectrum case till 12.15 p.m.
“I am confident that the judgment will be delivered today. I can sense the ambience inside the court,” Swamy told a news channel.
Swamy had filed a plea seeking direction to the CBI to probe the role of Chidambaram, the then finance minister, in fixing 2G licence prices and the grant of spectrum.
Swamy said he is prepared to go to the higher court if the judgment doesn’t come his way.
“If the judgment doesn’t come my way, I will go to the high court,” he said.
The Supreme Court had said Thursday that the trial court would decide on Swamy’s plea to make Chidambaram a co-accused in the 2G spectrum allotment case.
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in afternoon - Feb 04, 2012
- Relief for Chidambaram as court dismisses Swamy's plea (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Chidambaram allocated extra spectrum to 2G licence holders: Swamy - Apr 20, 2012
- Will appeal against judgement: Swamy - Feb 04, 2012
- Apex court reserves order on Chidambaram in 2G case - Apr 24, 2012
- Good judgment, it's a relief: Pranab - Feb 04, 2012
- SC rejects Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- SC dismisses Swamy's plea against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- No proof to try Chidambaram in 2G case: Court - Feb 04, 2012
- Don't be happy about SC decision, opposition tells Congress - Aug 24, 2012
- 2G: Court defers hearing on Swamy's plea - Mar 17, 2012
- Swamy's plea to make Chidambaram accused in 2G deferred - Nov 08, 2011
- Will file complaint on Aircel-Marxis deal, Swamy tells court - May 26, 2012
- Trial court to decide on Chidambaram's role in 2G (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Swamy's plea dismissed, relief for Chidambaram (Afternoon Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: allotment, ambience, cbi, finance minister, home minister, janata party, judgement, judgment, licence prices, New Delhi, p chidambaram, party chief, plea, spectrum, subramanian swamy, supreme court, trial court