Conduct 100 surprise raids per month: Badal tells officialsJanuary 5th, 2011 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 5 (IANS) Deputy Commissioners in Punjab were Wednesday asked to conduct at least 100 surprise checks in government offices, schools and hospitals in their districts to ensure delivery of services to people and ensure attendance of staff.Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, who presided over a meeting of deputy commissioners here, asked them to intensify surprise checks of government offices, schools, dispensaries, hospitals and ration depots to ensure punctuality of government staff besides effective delivery of services.
“Each deputy commissioner and his associate officers have to conduct minimum 100 surprise checks per month and ensure that government officials discharge their duties as per stipulated norms,” Badal told the deputy commissioners.
He asked them to conduct raids at ration depots, LPG agencies and urea dealers to check black marketing of these commodities.
Badal asked Chief Secretary S.C. Agrawal to empower deputy commissioners to take disciplinary action against erring and absent employees, to convey the seriousness of the government.
Various deputy commissioners gave data of surprise raids conducted by them during last month and employees found absent during the checks.
It was also decided to introduce a roster system for employees having two or three charges so that he could not feign presence in the other centre at the time of the check.
Badal said that the performance of every deputy commissioner in 2010 would be graded under a proforma.
- Ensure urea for farmers, orders Sukhbir Badal - Jan 04, 2011
- After police chiefs, Punjab to rate deputy commissioners - Aug 28, 2010
- Haryana to replace ration cards with smart cards - May 16, 2011
- Haryana poll panel demands action against absentee officials - Aug 24, 2010
- Minister makes surprise visit to office - Jul 04, 2011
- Power-short Punjab changes office timings, ban ACs use - Jul 29, 2012
- Infant dies after removal from Punjab hospital incubator, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Plan to enforce building curbs near Gurgaon defence depot - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Punjab deputy commissioners accountable for paddy procurement' - Oct 16, 2010
- Geetika suicide: Police arrest Chaddha, Kanda absconding - Aug 08, 2012
- SIT to probe fresh violence in Maruti Manesar plant (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Police officers booked for disrespect to turban - Apr 05, 2011
- Haryana orders better security in parking lots - Oct 27, 2010
- Drive to remove tobacco vendors near schools, hospitals - Mar 25, 2011
- 168 'ghost' MCD workers detected, police tell court (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: attendance, chief secretary, commodities, deputy chief minister, deputy commissioner, deputy commissioners, disciplinary action, government offices, government officials, government staff, hospitals, marketing, norms, presence, proforma, punctuality, seriousness, surprise checks, surprise raids, urea