Comrade Salim and family own assets worth Rs.92 lakhApril 17th, 2009 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 17 (IANS) Mohammed Salim, deputy leader of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) in the outgoing Lok Sabha, and his family have total assets of over Rs.92 lakh (Rs.9.2 million).
The 51-year-old Salim has Rs.15,000 in cash and Rs.37,52,241 in bank deposits, according to an affidvait he filed Friday along with his nomination papers for the Kolkata North constituency.
He has accounts in three state-run banks, including a term-deposit of Rs.36,26,558 with Parliament House branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) in New Delhi.
Salim, who holds a post-graduate degree in philosophy, has assets worth Rs.595,250 in various mutual funds. He has two life insurance policies totaling Rs.200,000 and jewelleries of value Rs.5,000.
He does not own any car and there are no criminal cases against him.
His spouse, Rosina Khatun, has Rs.12,000 in cash besides accounts in five banks, including multinationals American Express and Standard Chartered.
She has a fixed deposit of Rs.71,480. Her total bank deposits add up to Rs.511,233.
Khatun has Rs.840,236 in bonds and debentures and her deposits in other financial instruments and Life Insurance Corporation of India policies amount to Rs.11,96,746. She owns jewellery worth Rs.300,000.
Khatun also has an under-construction flat, measuring 1,219 sq ft, in the upscale satellite township of Salt Lake, for which she has so far paid Rs.970,000.
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- After new norms, microfinance firm Ujjivan raises funds - Jan 05, 2011
- U.S. federal regulators close First International Bank in Texas - Oct 01, 2011
- Indian Bank to raise $500 mn for overseas operations - Jul 29, 2011
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
- U.S. federal regulators close 5 banks in 4 states - Apr 28, 2012
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- IOB targets 20 percent business growth in 2012-13 - May 05, 2012
- Nippon's pact for 26-percent stake in Reliance asset firm - Mar 22, 2012
- Huge jump in Indian Bank's NPA - May 11, 2012
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- City Union Bank to come out with rights issue - Jan 31, 2012
- Federal Bank to open 100 branches in a single day - Mar 06, 2012
- Mammootty, Mohanlal together have Rs.30 crore undisclosed income - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: american express, bank deposits, bank of india, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, debentures, deputy leader, financial instruments, jewelleries, lakh, life insurance corporation, life insurance corporation of india, life insurance policies, Lok Sabha, multinationals, nomination papers, salim, sbi, state bank of india, value rs