Computer and Mobile phones are due to Congress: Sonia GandhiApril 17th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by admin
Congress President Sonia Gandhi while addressing a rally in Dumariyaganj(UP) said that it was the Congress which fought for the Poor, Dalits and Backwards. She said that the UPA government in last five years ensured historical Employment Guarantee Scheme for the poor. UPA government enacted a law for the tribal people to ensure their right on the forestland. She said that it was the congress, which defeated the enemies of this country during crisis.
Congress President said that her party provided one-third reservation to women in Panchayats. She said that the credit of IT revolution and mobile phone goes to the Congress Party and its visionary leader Late Rajiv Gandhi.
She said that the party has done a lot for the poor and farmers. The UPA government carried out largest loan waiver programme and waived Rs. 70,000 crores loan of the farmers. Congress President said that government launched the mid-day meal scheme for school going children of this country.
Speaking on terrorism she said that it was Congress, which had a strategy to fight terrorism. She praised Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for putting tremendous pressure on Pakistan after recent Mumbai terror attack. Congress President said that during NDA rule terrorists attacked Parliament house and killed people.
She appealed people to strengthen the hand of Congress, so that it could serve the poor.
- UPA government has fulfilled all its promises: Rahul Gandhi - Apr 20, 2009
- Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi's speech at Gulbarga - Apr 17, 2009
- Rahul talks development to woo voters - May 03, 2009
- Vote out CPI-M, end misrule: Rahul tells Bengal (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Controversial Madhya Pradesh minister puts foot in mouth - Mar 21, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi, Advani campaign in Jharkhand - Nov 21, 2009
- Congress determined to make Mumbai international financial centre: Sonia - Oct 10, 2009
- Tribals will benefit from Congress government in Jharkhand: Sonia - Nov 20, 2009
- Sonia defends PM, for unity in Congress (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi slams Advani for releasing terrorists during Kandahar hijack episode - Apr 14, 2009
- No question of PM stepping down: Sonia - Mar 07, 2012
- Unlike other parties we don't seek support on divisive policies: Sonia Gandhi - Apr 29, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi says UPA Govt. has increased funds to States - Nov 02, 2010
- Rahul keeps up attack on Mayawati, Mulayam - Jan 31, 2012
- Farm loan waiver scheme originated from Party too, not Rashtrapathi Bhavan only - Jul 28, 2009
Tags: congress party, congress president sonia gandhi, dalits, enemies, farmers, forestland, guarantee scheme, manmohan, manmohan singh, mid day, mobile phone, mobile phones, panchayats, parliament, parliament house, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajiv gandhi, terror attack, visionary leader