Communist veteran Harkishen Singh Surjeet is deadAugust 1st, 2008 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Veteran Communist leader Harkishen Singh Surjeet died Friday following a prolonged illness. He was 93. Surjeet, who had been ailing for several months, suffered a cardiac arrest and died at 1.45 p.m.
Flags at all party offices would fly at half-mast, his Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) said in a statement.
Born in Punjab, Surjeet was the general secretary of the CPI-M from 1992 to 2005. He had been a member of the CPI-M from 1964.
- Tripura announces holiday to mourn Left leader - Jun 07, 2011
- Tripura CPI-M cancels mass rally, mourns Basu - Jan 17, 2010
- Tripura CM condoles Lakshmi Sehgal's death - Jul 23, 2012
- Agartala city chief dies in New Delhi - Feb 10, 2011
- Communist leader, 106, dead - Mar 03, 2012
- Two years after death, Jyoti Basu still CPI-M mascot (Lead, correcting para nine) - Feb 19, 2012
- Communist veteran Jyoti Basu dead (Second Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
- Indian flag to fly half-mast to mourn Deshmukh death - Aug 14, 2012
- Tripura mourns Jyoti Basu's death (Lead) - Jan 18, 2010
- Tripura mourns Jyoti Basu's death - Jan 18, 2010
- Communist icon Jyoti Basu, who almost became India's PM, is dead (Intro Roundup) - Jan 17, 2010
- Communist icon Jyoti Basu, who almost became India's PM, is dead (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2010
- Communist patriarch Jyoti Basu dead (Lead) - Jan 17, 2010
- CPI-M makes light of Gujral's remark in book - Feb 23, 2011
- Communist patriarch Jyoti Basu dead - Jan 17, 2010