Communist patriarch Surjeet’s condition still criticalMay 17th, 2008 - 9:40 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) Former Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) general secretary Harkishen Singh Surjeet’s health continued to be critical Saturday, a day after he slipped into coma, doctors attending on him said. Surjeet, 92, remained in coma at Metro Hospital in Noida, adjacent to New Delhi, after he suffered a cardiac arrest Thursday.
“His condition continues to be critical. He is still on the ventilator,” a senior doctor attending on him told IANS.
Surjeet, who has been unwell for almost a year, was admitted to Metro Hospital May 6 with fever and a respiratory problem.
The hospital administration was about to discharge him Thursday, but he suffered a cardiac arrest. A group of doctors is monitoring his health.
- Left veteran Surjeet's condition critical after cardiac arrest(Lead) - May 16, 2008
- Surjeet's condition better, still on oxygen - May 27, 2008
- Deshmukh died of cardiac failure: Doctor - Aug 14, 2012
- Sathya Sai Baba critical but stable - Apr 07, 2011
- Surjeet dies following cardiac arrest (Lead) - Aug 01, 2008
- Surjeet recovering, may be discharged Monday - May 31, 2008
- Karunakaran's condition improves slightly, but critical - Dec 14, 2010
- Three weeks in hospital, Sai Baba remains critical - Apr 18, 2011
- Sathya Sai Baba stable but critical - Apr 15, 2011
- Basketballer seriously injured after slam dunk accident - Jul 13, 2012
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi remains critical - May 01, 2011
- Sai Baba critical, no plans to shift him to home - Apr 17, 2011
- Rajnikanth undergoes dialysis, recovering (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Battered two-year-old baby recovering (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- British teen comes alive after being brain dead - Apr 25, 2012
Tags: cardiac arrest, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, doctors, fever, general secretary, Health Science, hospital administration, metro, New Delhi, patriarch, respiratory problem, ventilator