Commander’s killing Gaddafi’s conspiracy: Rebel chiefAugust 7th, 2011 - 8:08 am ICT by IANS
Benghazi, Aug 7 (IANS) Libya’s rebel council chairman has said the killing of the council’s military commander was part of a conspiracy by Muammar Gaddafi, Xinhua reported.
The assassination of Abdel Fattah Younes was planned by Gaddafi and a special commission was investigating it, rebel National Transitional Council chairman Mustafa Abdul Jalil said at a press conference held in the rebel stronghold of Benghazi.
The commission members included a doctor and the head of the rebel legal committee, Jalil said, without providing further details.
He, however, said it was too early to consider plans on a transitional period or post-Gaddafi period.
- Libyan rebels' military chief killed - Jul 29, 2011
- Libyan rebels kill own commander: Report - Jul 29, 2011
- Libyan rebels search for Gaddafi (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Libya's rebel leader wants 'fair trial' for Gaddafi - Aug 23, 2011
- Rebels offer $1.3 mn bounty for Gaddafi - Aug 25, 2011
- Libyan rebel government to move to Tripoli next week - Sep 04, 2011
- Russian presidential envoy ready to meet Gaddafi - Jun 08, 2011
- Top US official visits Benghazi - Aug 21, 2011
- Libya to be ruled by Islamic law: NTC - Oct 24, 2011
- Russia to protect its companies in Libya - Sep 03, 2011
- NATO aiding divided rebel force in Libya - Apr 20, 2011
- Rebels legitimate representatives of Libyan people: Germany - Jun 13, 2011
- UN chief calls on Gaddafi's forces to stop fighting - Aug 23, 2011
- Gaddafi taking refuge near hometown Sirte? - Sep 06, 2011
- Rebels tighten grip on Tripoli, capture Gaddafi's sons - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: commission members, conspiracy, council chairman, legal committee, libya, military commander, muammar gaddafi, mustafa, national transitional council, rebel chief, rebel stronghold, transitional period, xinhua, younes