CMs’ meet on NCTC on May 5: Chidambaram (Lead)April 3rd, 2012 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Giving in to the demands of most of the non-Congress ruled states, Home Minister P. Chidambaram Tuesday said that the government will hold a meeting of chief ministers on May 5 to discuss setting up of the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
The home minister said he has written to all the chief ministers and is awaiting their response.
“I have written to all the chief ministers and I hope that they will confirm their participation. So on April 16 we will discuss the agenda already circulated and on May 5 we will discuss NCTC,” Chidambaram told reporters here.
The annual meeting of chief ministers will be held in the capital on April 16.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa have written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to keep NCTC in agenda of April 16 meeting.
The states say the NCTC will dilute the country’s federal structure.
- CM's meet on NCTC on May 5: Chidambaram - Apr 03, 2012
- CMs' meet to debate NCTC on May 5: Chidamabaram (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Haven't caused centre-state distrust: Chidambaram - May 05, 2012
- Chidambaram hints CMs meet may discuss NCTC - Mar 31, 2012
- Opposition CMs lambast government for security overreach (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2012
- Jayalalithaa, Modi and Patnaik meet (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Opposition attacks government on NCTC, PM reaches out (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- PM to discuss NCTC with chief ministers May 5 - Apr 16, 2012
- NCTC row will be resolved at May 5 CMs meet: Chidambaram - Apr 17, 2012
- NCTC doesn't violate federal structure: Chidambaram (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Manik Sarkar to attend chief ministers' meet - Apr 15, 2012
- Manmohan fails to woo dissenting CMs on NCTC (Roundup) - May 05, 2012
- Anti-NCTC chief ministers meet separately - Apr 16, 2012
- Chidambaram says trust deficit blocking NCTC (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Chidambaram bats for NCTC; Trinamool opposes (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: annual meeting, chief minister, chief ministers, cms, counter terrorism, federal structure, gujarat, home minister, j jayalalithaa, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, narendra modi, nctc, New Delhi, p chidambaram, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, tamil nadu, west bengal