Clinton’s visit a big event for TajikistanOctober 23rd, 2011 - 7:05 am ICT by IANS
Dushanbe, Oct 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Tajikistan considers the visit of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as an important political event for the future cooperation between the two countries, a minister said.
Clinton paid a one-day visit Saturday to Dushanbe accompanied by her assistant for Central and South Asia, Robert Blake. They held talks with Tajikistan President Emomali Rahmon Foreign Affairs Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi.
“The Tajik side expressed interest in continuing a political dialogue with the US at all levels, in particular, to support the improvement of border management and logistics of border forces, customs and law enforcement agencies to strengthen the fight against terrorism, drug traffic and transnational organised crime,” Zarifi said.
Tajikistan intends to attract US investment and technology for natural resources processing, expand cooperation in its energy sector and continue consultation with the US on accession to the World Trade Organisation, he said.
- Zardari returns after China visit - Sep 03, 2011
- India courts Tajikistan to swing Afghan endgame - Aug 31, 2012
- Tajiks President bans donkeys from his sight - Aug 13, 2012
- CIS leaders call for free trade deal, peaceful end to conflicts - Sep 03, 2011
- 17 Tajik security officers killed - Jul 28, 2012
- Tajikistan votes in parliamentary election - Feb 28, 2010
- China, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan hold anti-terror drills - May 08, 2011
- French troops to stay in Afghanistan after 2014 - Jan 01, 2012
- Teenager jailed for killing Russian Santa Claus - May 04, 2012
- Russia threatens Tajikistan with import sanctions - Nov 21, 2011
- President Patil lauds Tajikistan's support in fight against terrorism - Sep 07, 2009
- Putin to meet Clinton for Syria discussions - Sep 07, 2012
- India, Tajikistan should jointly combat terror, boost ties: President - Sep 03, 2012
- Krishna heads to Tajikistan to boost Central Asian ties - Jul 02, 2012
- US not cooperating with Russia on missile defence: Minister - Sep 04, 2011
Tags: accession, border management, cooperation, customs, drug traffic, energy sector, foreign affairs minister, hillary clinton, law enforcement agencies, logistics, natural resources, political dialogue, ria novosti, robert blake, secretary of state, South Asia, tajikistan dushanbe, us secretary of state, world trade organisation, zarifi