Civic amenities arranged at Ramdev’s fast site: DikshitJune 3rd, 2011 - 5:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) The Delhi government will provide all the basic amenities at the Ramlila Ground where Baba Ramdev plans to start his fast from Saturday, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said Friday.
“We were approached for providing certain civic amenities like water, power and cleaning facilities for the congregation organised by Baba Ramdev. We have given the required permission and have directed the department concerned to look into the matter,” Dikshit told IANS.
Facilities like cleanliness and power are being provided by civic agencies like the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and power utilities.
“We were also asked to provide water at the congregation,” she said.
Dikshit said that other issues like security at the venue do not come under the jurisdiction of her government.
“We have done whatever was necessary from our side and that we can do. Other issues like security are with Delhi Police and not us,” she added.
Yoga guru Ramdev will sit on an indefinite fast against corruption and black money stashed abroad from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the ground from Saturday.
- Ramdev's movement politically motivated: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramlila ground gets ready for Ramdev's fast - Jun 01, 2011
- Government agrees to my demands, but fast on: Ramdev - Jun 04, 2011
- Will keep watch on fast venue, say Delhi Police - Jun 04, 2011
- Ramdev stable, say doctors - Jun 10, 2011
- Ramdev was asked to leave, started protesting: Delhi Police (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Ramdev to hold fast in Delhi from Aug 9 - Jul 24, 2012
- Thousands come, drawn to Ramdev more than his cause - Jun 03, 2011
- Ramdev slams government's 'betrayal', fast to continue (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Our strategy needs to change: Ramdev - Aug 11, 2012
- Mumbai dabbawalas, Vidarbha farmers back Ramdev - Jun 03, 2011
- Pranab, Sibal meet Baba Ramdev at Delhi airport (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- We are here to battle corruption: Ramdev supporters - Aug 10, 2012
- Calling it black day, Modi blames PM - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev creates ripples in cyberworld - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: black money, chief minister, civic agencies, civic amenities, cleanliness, corruption, delhi government, delhi police, guru ramdev, june 3, jurisdiction, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, New Delhi, power utilities, sheila dikshit, venue, water power, yoga guru