Christine O’Donnell’s Face Off With Chris Coons In Delaware DebateOctober 14th, 2010 - 7:20 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Washington, Oct 14, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Delaware Republican Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell tried her best to defend the controversial comments that she is known to have made in the past in a debate with her rival Democrat Chris Coons on Wednesday night. The debate that was held on Wednesday between the Christine O’Donnell and her Democratic rival was considered to be immensely important for the Republican leader in her bid to win Delaware Senate. As expected, the debate that unfolded on Wednesday night witnessed many heated exchanges between the two rivals.
In the debate that took place at the University of Delaware, the Republican Senate nominee emphasized that the voters were much more bothered about job creation and spending rather than concentrating on what kind of controversial remarks were made by her in the past. However, Chris Coons contended that her comments about certain religious and social issues could affect the decisions that are made in the Senate. At the same time, the Democratic nominee also went on to characterize Christine O’Donnell as an extremist who would look for division instead of bipartisanship. However, the Republican politician also had lots to say about her Democratic rival as she highlighted Chris Coons as a ‘big-spending’ Democrat while also alleging that he believed in Marxist principles, an allegation that was promptly rejected by the Democratic nominee.
The debate that unfolded on Wednesday night between Christine O’Donnell and Chris Coons was considered to be one of the most anticipated events of the campaign for the senate of Delaware. According to opinion polls, Chris Coons leads over his Republican rival.
- Christine O'Donnell vows to not to talk to the national media - Sep 23, 2010
- Tea Party star O'Donnell quips she 'dabbled with witchcraft' in high school - Sep 20, 2010
- Republican Christine O'Donnell Questions The Separation Of Church And State - Oct 20, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Questions Separation of Church and State - Oct 20, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell puts her foot in the mouth in the 'Separation of Church & State' case - Oct 20, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell "Dabbling" Into Witchcraft Causes Stir - Sep 19, 2010
- Tea Party-Backed Christine O'Donnell Wins Over Michael Castle - Sep 15, 2010
- Separation Of Church And State Not There In First Amendment? - Oct 20, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Shocks GOP By Her Win - Sep 16, 2010
- O'Donnell wanted to stop 'whole country from having premarital sex' - Sep 25, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Uses National Media Channel Only To Shun It - Sep 23, 2010
- "Saturday Night Live" Parodies Christine O'Donnell's Witchcraft Video - Sep 26, 2010
- Christine O'Donnell Lands In Controversy Again By Saying "Evolution Is A Myth" - Sep 26, 2010
- Tea Party star Christine O'Donnell thinks evolution is a myth? - Sep 26, 2010
- NOW Defends Christine O'Donnell After Gawker Attack - Oct 30, 2010
Tags: bipartisanship, chris coons, christine o donnell, controversial comments, controversial remarks, delaware republican, delaware senate, democratic nominee, democratic rival, face off, gina gomez, job creation, marxist principles, opinion polls, republican leader, republican politician, republican senate, rivals, senate nominee, university of delaware