Chris Christie aces the Quinnipac University pollMarch 8th, 2011 - 8:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Mar 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) New Jersey Republican Governor Chris Christie has always felt that he could beat Barack Obama in the 2012 polls. That though seems to be true to a point because he has higher ratings than the President in a latest poll.
In a poll of about 23 public figures in the United States, 48-year-old Christie polled 57 degrees to place third. The”National Thermometer” reading was conducted by Quinnipiac University to find the ‘hottest’ public figure in the United States. They were ranked on the scale on 0 to 100 degrees.
Interestingly, First Lady Michelle Obama was the hottest with 60.1 degrees. Former President Bill Clinton was second with 59.2 degrees. Outspoken tea party activist, Sarah Palin, found herself at the bottom ranks of the list placing 21 out of the list of 23 people with 38.2 degrees.
The race between Barack Obama and Christie was close. The President polled 56.5 degrees. The President was hotter among women than in men. The reverse was true for Christie. The poll revealed that women gave President Obama 60.4 degrees while men gave the President 51.9 degrees.
The survey involved phone-in interaction with about 1,887 registered voters. The poll was conducted from 21st to 18th February.
- Michelle Obama sets women's temperatures rising - Mar 08, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings hit an all-time low - Apr 02, 2011
- Poll: Health care reform is Barack Obama's best and worst - Jan 14, 2011
- Obama leads in three swing states: poll - Jun 28, 2012
- Obama using TV as tool to reach out to 2012 poll voters - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama bit behind Romney, but way ahead of Palin in 2012 prez run: Poll - Nov 23, 2010
- 5 in10 Americans think Obama does not deserve second term: Quinnipiac Poll - Mar 31, 2011
- Obama, Romney in a tight race: Poll - Apr 19, 2012
- Obama slightly ahead of Romney in poll of polls - Jul 06, 2012
- Six Indians among top 100 global thinkers - Nov 29, 2011
- Two-thirds of New Yorkers want mosque moved away from Ground Zero: Poll - Sep 01, 2010
- Obama leads Romney in 3 swing states - Aug 02, 2012
- Six in ten feel Obama right to send more troops to Afghanistan - Dec 09, 2009
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Americans give Obama mixed report card for his first year - Jan 14, 2010
Tags: barack obama, bill clinton, christie, first lady, former president bill clinton, interaction, latest poll, michelle obama, party activist, polls, president bill clinton, quinnipac university, registered voters, republican governor, sarah palin, tea party, thermometer, university poll, washington dc