Chouhan confident of BJP win in by-pollsFebruary 8th, 2011 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 8 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan does not need any national leader from his ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to campaign for the bypolls to Kuksi and Sonkatch assembly seats. “Shivraj is fighting the election and a win is certain,” says the confident chief minister.The chief minister has ruled out any need for BJP national leaders to campaign for the party. “Why is there any need of central leaders, here Shivraj is fighting the election and the win is certain,” Chouhan told reporters.
He is also wooing voters by saying, “You will get two chief ministers, if you make the BJP candidate win”.
Before voters begin to ponder, Chouhan clarifies: “One is myself and the other will be the one you will make win. He will be my representative before you, and work in your constituency.”
The chief minister uses this line in most of his rallies.
Chouhan seems inspired from the marketing catchline “buy one, get one free”.
Mukam Singh Kirade and Rajendra Verma are the BJP candidates from Kukshi and Sonkatch respectively.
- Dynasty rules in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Jan 31, 2011
- BJP wins one seat in Madhya Pradesh by-polls - Feb 17, 2011
- BJP win both seats in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- BJP wins Jabera by-poll in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 29, 2011
- BJP wins in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- BJP wins in Madhya Pradesh, Bihar by-polls (Second Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- Congress workers await leaders in by-polls campaign - Feb 08, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- Munda faces tough by-poll as campaigning ends - Feb 08, 2011
- JMM to contest Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat - Apr 01, 2011
- BJP scandals versus Congress scams in Karnataka bypoll - Mar 01, 2012
- Chouhan begins fast against central government Sunday - Feb 12, 2011
- How come you never raised voice against BJP: Digvijay to Hazare - Oct 11, 2011
- Your supporters misleading you, Digvijay tells Anna (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- Hisar votes Thursday in a crucial by-election - Oct 12, 2011