Chopper mishap: Bedridden Munda sits up for first timeJune 24th, 2012 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 24 (IANS) One-and-a-half months after he suffered grievous injuries in a helicopter accident, Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda Sunday sat up for a few minutes, an official statement said here.
According to doctors, Munda will be able to sit on a wheelchair in the next few days.
Munda injured in his spine, left hand, and right ankle after the chopper carrying him crashlanded at Birsa Munda airport here May 9. He has to lie flat on bed as suggested by doctors.
His CT scan was done Saturday at Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here, and the doctors advised him to sit up for a few minutes everyday. Munda has been suggested bed rest for fast recovery of the spine injury. He is discharging official work from bed.
Munda’s wife Meera, his security officer Manoj Singh, and BJP legislator Barkuwar Gagrai had also suffered injuries in the mishap.
- Injured Munda discharging duties from bed - Jun 04, 2012
- Jharkhand CM survives nasty chopper crash (Evening Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Munda: I am fine, will soon get back to work - May 12, 2012
- Munda recovering in hospital after chopper crash (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Munda recovering in hospital after chopper crash - May 10, 2012
- Munda injured after chopper crash lands (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Gadkari meets Munda in hospital - May 13, 2012
- Munda works from ICU, legislator discharged - May 11, 2012
- Pilot wisdom saved Munda and others - May 09, 2012
- Munda, wife discharged from hospital - May 17, 2012
- Injured Munda to convene cabinet meeting May 17 - May 14, 2012
- Munda, wife escape as chopper crash lands (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Three prisoners die mysteriously - Jun 05, 2011
- Israeli diplomat's wife stable (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- HAL chopper lands atop building; pilots safe (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: bed rest, chief minister, chopper, ct scan, doctors, few days, few minutes, helicopter accident, june 24, left hand, legislator, medical science, mishap, munda, rajendra, security officer, spine injury, wheelchair