Chiranjeevi’s party to merge with CongressFebruary 6th, 2011 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) Praja Rajyam Party chief K.Chiranjeevi Sunday announced the merger of his party with the Congress.Chiranjeevi met Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi to formalise the merger of his three-year-old Andhra regional party with the national party.
“PRP will now merge with Congress. As of now, Chiranjeevi is part of Congress family,” Law Minister and Congress’ state in-charge M.Veerappa Moily told reporters here, with the Telegu superstar Chiranjeevi standing by his side.
The actor-turned-politician said there was “no opposition” from within his party to the merger.
- Chiranjeevi's PRP joins Congress (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2011
- Andhra CM welcomes merger of Praja Rajyam of Chiranjeevi with Congress - Feb 07, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi assures Chiranjeevi of suitable post - Nov 16, 2011
- Praja Rajyam Party merges with Congress - Feb 07, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's Praja Rajyam Party to merge with Congress - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi can become minister only next year: Congress - Jul 01, 2011
- It's curtains for Chiranjeevi's PRP - Mar 12, 2012
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress - Jun 13, 2011
- Chiranjeevi to meet Sonia Gandhi Sunday - Feb 05, 2011
- Chiranjeevi satisfied with inclusion in Congress panel - Dec 23, 2011
- Chiranjeevi to campaign for Congress in Karnataka - Apr 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi to take Congress membership Aug 20 - Aug 13, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's PRP to decide on Congress offer soon - Feb 01, 2011
- Chiranjeevi unhappy with Congress - Dec 03, 2011