Chiranjeevi’s fans distribute eggs to protest attack on himNovember 5th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 5 (IANS) Resorting to ‘gandhigiri’, activists of Praja Rajyam (PR) Wednesday distributed eggs in different parts of Andhra Pradesh to protest the attack on their party president K. Chiranjeevi by Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) workers.The actor-turned-politician had to face embarrassment at Narsampet in Warangal district Tuesday when some TRS activists hurled eggs at him during his ongoing ‘yatra’. One egg landed on his face.
The TRS workers were protesting “lack of clarity” in Chiranjeevi’s stand on separate statehood to Telangana region.
Unruffled by this, Chiranjeevi said he was a man of courage and such acts by his opponents would not deter him from continuing his march towards achieving social justice.
“I know politics is not a bed of roses, but also thorns and dirt. But I will not go back. I have the blessings of crores (tens of millions) of people to whom I owe a lot,” he said.
The PR cadre found a novel way to protest the attack on their leader. People in markets, buses and other public places were surprised when they were offered eggs.
Egg distribution programme was taken up in Warangal district and other parts of Telangana and also at several places in the coastal Andhra region.
It was a sort of ‘gandhigiri’ by the fans of Chiranjeevi, who acted in “Shankar Dada MBBS” and “Shankar Dada Zindabad”, Telugu remakes of Hindi blockbusters “Munna Bhai MBBS” and “Lage Raho Munnabahi” respectively.
Chiranjeevi, who is currently touring Telangana, has announced that his party would not be a hurdle in formation of separate Telangana state if the central government comes forward with such a proposal.
Meanwhile, Chiranjeevi tried some filmy dance steps atop his special vehicle in Warangal district to entertain the crowds. The actor in him came to the fore when he saw a toddy tapper dancing to the tunes of his party songs on a toddy tree. He took a garland and threw it towards his die-hard fan.
- Chandrababu Naidu visits Warangal despite shutdown, protests (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Naidu reaches Warangal amid shutdown, protests - Jan 06, 2012
- Vijayamma's fast in Telangana concludes amid protests - Jul 23, 2012
- Protests in Telangana mark Andhra Pradesh formation day - Nov 01, 2011
- Telangana town tense as YSR Congress, TRS workers clash - Jul 23, 2012
- Telangana shutdown hits life in region (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Telangana activists disrupt government open forum - Jan 24, 2011
- Jagan begins Telangana visit amid sporadic protests - Jan 10, 2012
- Court declares TRS leader's detention illegal - Dec 08, 2011
- Telangana leaders heading for Singareni mines held - Oct 09, 2011
- Film of Chiranjeevi's son disrupted in Telangana - Dec 16, 2009
- 80 percent turnout in Andhra by-polls (Night Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- All-party meeting on Telangana only after all parties are ready: Chidambaram - Mar 01, 2011
- TRS activists attack convoy of TDP leaders - May 25, 2011
- Shutdown in Telangana over suicides for separate state - Mar 27, 2012