Chiranjeevi, wife own assets worth Rs.880 mnApril 4th, 2009 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, April 4 (IANS) Film star-turned-politician K. Chiranjeevi and his wife Surekha own assets worth Rs.880 million (Rs.88 crore), a record among politicians in Andhra Pradesh who declared their assets while filing nominations for this month’s elections.
The Telugu megastar has less assets in his name than his wife. The couple, however, has beaten Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy’s son Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy and his wife, who declared assets of Rs.770 million (Rs.77 crore).
The Praja Rajyam party president, who filed his nomination papers in Palacole assembly constituency in his native West Godavari district Friday, declared in an affidavit that he has immovable assets worth over Rs.303 million (Rs.30.32 crore) while his wife Surekha is worth Rs.480 million (Rs.48 crore).
The megastar, who plunged into politics last year after a three-decade-long film career, also declared that he has movable assets of over Rs.35 million (Rs.3.50 crore) while his wife’s movable assets are worth over Rs.61 million (Rs.6.16 crore).
The movable assets of Chiranjeevi include Rs.634,521 cash, Rs.2.1 million (Rs.21 lakh) deposits, Rs.11.2 million (Rs.1.12 crore) bonds and shares, a Honda CRV car worth Rs.827,150 and gold worth Rs.19.5 million (Rs.1.95 crore).
The immovable assets of Chiru, as the actor is popularly known, include his Jubilee Hills residence here worth Rs.143.6 million (Rs.14.36 crore), a house in Chennai worth over Rs.20 million (Rs.2 crore), land at four different places including Hyderabad and Chennai valued over Rs.130 million (Rs.13 crore).
Chiru’s wife owns houses, flats and other property here, on the city outskirts and in Chennai. They include a Jubilee Hills residence here worth Rs.40 million (Rs.4 crore), another house here worth Rs.12.4 million (Rs.1.24 crore), three houses in Chennai together worth over Rs.35 million (Rs.3.5 crore).
She also has in her name 4.10 acre land in Kokapet on outskirts of Hyderabad valued at Rs.85 million (Rs.8.5 crore), 9.8 acre land in Medak district worth Rs.46.4 million (Rs.4.64 crore), another land in Gacchibowli here worth Rs.19.2 million (Rs.1.92 crore) and plots at three places in Chennai worth over Rs.65 million (Rs.6.50 crore) and another plot in Karnataka worth over Rs.40 million (Rs.4 crore).
The 53-year-old actor, who has starred in 149 films, is also contesting the assembly elections from Tirupati constituency. His brother-in-law and film producer Allu Aravind, who is contesting for the Lok Sabha from Ankapalle, is worth Rs.240 million (Rs.24 crore).
The chief minister’s son Jaganmohan Reddy, an industrialist who is the Congress candidate for the Kadapa Lok Sabha seat, has already declared that he and his wife Bharati together have assets of over Rs.770 million (Rs.77 crore).
The chief minister, who is seeking re-election from Pulivendula assembly constituency in Kadapa district, declared that he owns assets worth Rs.13.4 million (Rs.1.34 crore) while his wife Vijayalakshmi has assets worth Rs.9,943,122.
Opposition leader N. Chandrababu Naidu, who filed his nomination from Kuppam assembly constituency in Chittoor district, declared in the affidavit that he and his wife N. Bhuvaneswari own assets worth Rs.500 million (Rs.50 crore). Majority of the assets are in the name of Naidu’s wife.
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Rich politician Jagan has Rs.365 crore assets - Apr 15, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief, wife file nominations for same seat - Mar 28, 2011
- Congress questions massive increase in Jagan's assets - Apr 16, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Andhra chief minister's son worth over Rs.770 mn - Apr 01, 2009
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Rajagopal emerges as richest Andhra politician, worth Rs.2.99 bn - Apr 06, 2009
- My assets are over Rs.1,000 crore, Reddy once said (To go with Reddys' rise: Riding cycles to rattling BJP leadership) - May 31, 2011
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: acre land, car worth, chiranjeevi, chiru, city outskirts, crore, film career, gold worth, honda crv, jubilee hills, lakh, megastar, movable assets, nomination papers, party president, praja, rs 21, rs 6, three houses, west godavari district