Chiranjeevi shocked over friend’s death during TV debateAugust 18th, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 18 (IANS) Telugu superstar Chiranjeevi Monday promised to extend all assistance to the family of his close friend and actor Hari Prasad, who died Sunday night while participating in a debate on a Telugu television channel. Chiranjeevi called the family members of Prasad and promised to stand by them. He expressed his shock and grief over the sudden demise of his friend.
“He was my friend for 30 years. I have many friends but Prasad was different. It is a huge loss. What pained me more is that he passed away while talking about me,” said Chiranjeevi.
Prasad, 55, suffered a cardiac arrest while participating in a debate being telecast live on a television channel. The debate was on Chiranjeevi’s entry into politics.
The superstar Sunday announced that he was entering politics and was dedicating his life to the service of people.
Prasad was Chiranjeevi’s classmate at the Madras Film Institute. He began his film career with Telugu film ‘Shivaranjani’ and acted in over 100 Telugu and Kannada movies. He also produced some of Chiranjeevi’s blockbuster movies.
- Ram Charan Teja will let silence speak louder in 'Zanjeer' - Apr 14, 2012
- Chiru, a superstar whose political party proved a flop (Profile) - Feb 06, 2011
- Chiranjeevi to don grease paint again - Aug 22, 2010
- Chiranjeevi is back - Sep 11, 2010
- Endhiran's Telugu Version Robo Launches Music In Hyderabad - Aug 09, 2010
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2011
- Saddened at demise of great movie plotlines: SRK - Feb 26, 2012
- Abhay learns Tamil for 'Shanghai' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 16, 2012
- Chiranjeevi’s Return To Cinema Put On Hold - Jan 08, 2011
- Chiranjeevi to take Congress membership Aug 20 - Aug 13, 2011
- It's curtains for Chiranjeevi's PRP - Mar 12, 2012
- 'Komaram Puli' released! - Sep 10, 2010
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress - Jun 13, 2011
- Chiranjeevi satisfied with inclusion in Congress panel - Dec 23, 2011
- Media baron Ramoji Rao's son dead - Sep 07, 2012