China to improve food safety in three yearsJuly 4th, 2012 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 4 (IANS) China seems to be working towards ensuring noticeable improvement in food safety in the country.
On Tuesday, the State Council announced a decision to markedly improve food safety which aims to effectively solve prominent problems within three years, China Daily reported.
The government also aims to establish a better regulation mechanism, legal and standard system as well as technical support for food safety besides improving the overall food safety management level of the food industry in around five years, said authorities in a statement posted online.
The statement said food safety will become a measure of local governments’ performance in their annual assessment for the first time. A database of food safety records of companies will be established and the ones on the black list will punished.
- Chinese who harm food to be banned for life - Apr 09, 2012
- China probes preserved fruit additives - Apr 26, 2012
- China to create list of people who take bribes - Sep 19, 2011
- China sets up food safety risk assessment centre - Oct 14, 2011
- China to set food safety standards - Aug 13, 2012
- 248 Chinese officials arrested over food safety flaws in 2010 - Jan 31, 2011
- China tightens food safety measures - Feb 03, 2012
- China vows mining safety - Aug 04, 2012
- China punishes six media groups for professional violations - Dec 28, 2011
- China to keep an eye on cosmetic contact lenses - Jan 20, 2012
- China launches stringent regulation on melamine to ensure food safety - Sep 26, 2010
- 16 Chinese websites closed, six detained for spreading rumours - Mar 31, 2012
- China can guarantee nuclear power plants safety: official - Mar 27, 2011
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- N-safety bill tabled in Lok Sabha - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: authorities, beijing, china daily, food industry, food safety management, july 4, local governments, management level, noticeable improvement, regulation mechanism, safety records, technical support