China no threat to Russia: PutinOctober 18th, 2011 - 3:54 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Oct 18 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said he saw China as a reliable partner, not a threat to Russia.
“For us China is a partner, a reliable partner and we see the readiness of the Chinese people and the Chinese leadership to build friendly, neighbourly relations with us and search for compromise on difficult issues,” Putin said.
He said that Russia “has no plans to compete with China” for global leadership. “China has other rivals. Let them sort it out between themselves,” he said.
- Russia stands by n-weapons: Putin - Feb 25, 2012
- Putin to host Russian Olympic team in Kremlin - Jul 21, 2012
- Medvedev, Hu to discuss economic ties Thursday - Jun 16, 2011
- Putin warns against bypassing UNSC Syria veto - Jul 21, 2012
- West seeks Iran regime change: Putin - Feb 25, 2012
- Putin confirms Medvedev to be PM, given election win - Dec 02, 2011
- Trade between Russia, China to reach $70 bn: Putin - Sep 15, 2011
- Russia to invest $7 bn in space programmes in 2011 - Apr 08, 2011
- Syria's neighbours should help end conflict: Putin - Jun 27, 2012
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011
- Russia needs more foreign investment: Putin - May 03, 2012
- Putin quits as head of ruling party - Apr 24, 2012
- Putin's presidential campaign goes online - Jan 12, 2012
- Putin denies Russia wants to revive Soviet Union - Oct 18, 2011
- Putin's popularity among Russians grows: Poll - May 18, 2012