China calls for scientific, technological reformJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 2 (IANS) Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has called for reforming country’s scientific and technological system to ensure that it better serves China’s development.
Speaking at a conference being participated by China’s top scientists and engineers, Wen said the system should suit the socialist market economy as well as laws and regulations, People’s Daily reported.
The speech, which was publicised Monday, was delivered June 11, at the biennial conference of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
The Chinese premier said efforts should be made to combine science and technology with economic and social development and give full play to the market in optimisation of resources.
Wen said he believes enterprises’ motives in scientific and technological innovation, as well as the establishment of a pioneering system that is market-oriented and with the enterprises as the mainstay, are important for systematic reform.
He also urged for sharing resources and better handling the relationship between different research approaches such as those for basic theories, public interests and applicable techniques.
- Wen says China needs political reform (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- China needs political reform: Wen - Mar 14, 2012
- Chinese PM vows to rid corruption - Apr 15, 2012
- Wen warns of revolution if reforms don't take place (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- 'Ore, exploration can take India-China trade to $100 bn' - Nov 17, 2011
- Economic dialogue will help develop mutual trust: Wen Jiabao - Sep 27, 2011
- China not to loosen regulations on housing market - Mar 14, 2012
- Chinese premier visits Nepal - Jan 14, 2012
- China vows to strengthen military to win 'local wars' (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- China to create more jobs for people in cities - Dec 18, 2011
- Ahluwalia to lead India-China strategic economic dialogue - Sep 23, 2011
- When Wen felt sorry - Mar 14, 2012
- China to boost economic reform in key industries - Mar 24, 2012
- China can achieve this year's development goals: Wen - May 13, 2012
- China a huge opportunity for Britain: Cameron - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: applicable techniques, biennial conference, chinese academy of sciences, chinese premier wen jiabao, economic and social development, laws and regulations, mainstay, motives, optimisation, premier wen jiabao, public interests, publicised, science and technology, sharing resources, socialist market economy, systematic reform, technological innovation, technological reform, technological system, wen jiabao