Chief minister’s son in Congress’ Andhra listMarch 21st, 2009 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh chief minister’s son and five union ministers, including Renuka Chowdhary, are in the list of Congress nominees for 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state, as the party Saturday decided to field all its 31 sitting Andhra MPs for the polls.
The party also named its candidates for the 290 assembly seats of the state. The polls will be held simultaneously April 16 and 23.
Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy’s son Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has been fielded from the Kadapa parliamentary constituency.
“All the 31 sitting MPs, including five union ministers, have been given tickets for the Lok Sabha polls,” said All India Congress Committee secretary Madhu Yaskhi Goud here.
Yaskhi has been renominated from the Nizamabad Lok Sabha seat of the state.
Daggubati Purandeswari, Congress leader, central minister and daughter of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder N.T. Rama Rao, will contest from Visakhapatnam as her Bapatla seat has been reserved in the delimitation process.
Former chief minister and sitting MP from Visakhapatnam N. Janardhan Reddy will be nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
Another central minister Panabaka Lakshmi, whose constituency Nellore has been dereserved, will be in the fray from Bapatla.
Union ministers Renuka Chowdhary and M.M. Pallam Raju have been re-nominated from Khammam and Kakinada respectively.
Urban Development Minister S. Jaipal Reddy, who represented Miryalguda constituency in the 14th Lok Sabha, will contest from Chevella. The Miryalguda seat has been scrapped.
Senior Congress leader V. Kishore Chandra Deo will contest the polls from Araku - a Scheduled Tribe (ST )seat.
He represented Parvathipuram (ST) constituency in the 14th Lok Sabha.
- Andhra chief minister's son gets Lok Sabha ticket - Mar 17, 2009
- Congress retains sitting MPs from Andhra Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 21, 2009
- Congress finalises 42 names for Lok Sabha polls - Mar 17, 2009
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- Another legislator quits Congress, two more call on Jagan's mother - May 31, 2012
- TDP suspends MP following meeting with Jagan - May 25, 2012
- Congress-YSR Congress face-off in Kadappa Sunday - May 07, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Kadapa by-elections - May 06, 2011
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Campaigning ends for Andhra by-elections - Jun 10, 2012
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Two PRP leaders sworn in as Andhra ministers - Jan 19, 2012
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- TDP suspends ex-MP for meeting Jagan (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Peaceful polling in Andhra by-polls (Lead) - May 08, 2011
Tags: 14th lok sabha, assembly seats, chowdhary, congress leader, development minister, india congress committee, jagan mohan, jaipal reddy, janardhan reddy, khammam, lok sabha constituencies, lok sabha polls, nizamabad, pallam raju, parliamentary constituency, purandeswari, rajya sabha, rama rao, union ministers, visakhapatnam