Chidambaram on two-day visit to Jammu and KashmirJune 11th, 2009 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, June 11 (IANS) Union Home Minister P. Chidambaram arrived here Thursday on a two-day visit to review the overall security situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Chidambaram is accompanied by a team of senior home ministry officials. He is scheduled to attend a meeting of the unified headquarters here, which would be chaired by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
The unified headquarters is the apex control and co-ordination grid of the security forces and intelligence agencies, which supervises security operations against separatist guerrillas in the state.
Top officials of the army, paramilitary forces, state police and intelligence agencies review and co-ordinate the security situation in the state at periodic meetings of the unified headquarters.
The home minister is also scheduled to hold separate meetings with Governor N.N. Vohra and the chief minister later in the day.
Chidambaram, accompanied by Congress state unit chief Saif-ud-Din Soz, is also visiting the party headquarters here to interact with senior leaders.
Security in and around the summer capital has been further tightened in view of the home minister’s visit.
- Chidambaram arrives in Jammu - Feb 03, 2011
- No chopper this time, Chidambaram takes busy road in normal Srinagar - Jun 21, 2011
- Chidambaram chairs security meeting in Srinagar (Second Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Chidambaram arrives in Srinagar on two-day visit - Jun 20, 2011
- Soz discusses AFSPA with governor? - Nov 21, 2011
- Chidambaram discusses AFSPA with Kashmir government (Second Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- Chidambaram reviews law and order situation in J-K - Feb 04, 2011
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Omar discusses internal security with governor - Nov 12, 2010
- Chidambaram in Jammu, Omar presses for AFSPA withdrawal - Apr 10, 2012
- Chidambaram to pay obeisance at Vaishno Devi - Apr 06, 2012
- Kashmir Congress chief meets governor - Dec 24, 2011
- Antony in Jammu and Kashmir to review security - Jul 28, 2012
- Chidambaram, Omar agree to push Kashmir peace roadmap - Feb 04, 2011
Tags: chief minister, home ministry, intelligence agencies, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, ministry officials, p chidambaram, paramilitary forces, party headquarters, periodic meetings, security forces, security operations, security situation, separatist guerrillas, soz, srinagar, state police, union home minister, unit chief, vohra