Chhattisgarh government is corrupt, anti-development: Rahul GandhiNovember 10th, 2008 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh), Nov 10 (IANS) Charging up the election atmosphere in Chhattisgarh, Congress general secretary and MP Rahul Gandhi Monday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state of being “corrupt and anti-development”.Addressing a rally at Jagdalpur, district headquarters of Bastar, Gandhi said: “The Congress-led UPA (United Progressive Alliance) central government is providing Rs.8,000 crore (80 billion) to Chhattisgarh for various schemes but the money is not reaching the people because of rampant corruption in the government.”
“When the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government was in power at the centre it was providing just Rs.800 crore (eight billion) to the state.”
“Despite 10 times more funding, development has been halted. The state has witnessed only a sharp rise in corruption as well as Naxalism (Maoism),” the Congrses leader remarked.
Thirty nine of the 90 assembly constituencies in Chhattisgarh go to polls Nov 14 in the first phase of the two-phase elections. Voting will also be held in the Maoist-dominated Bastar region’s 12 constituencies. In last polls, the BJP won nine in the region while the Congress bagged three.
Gandhi asked the people to vote the Congress to power in the state “as it will help the state to witness development and also the proper use of money coming in from the central government”.
- BJP-led Chhattisgarh government is corrupt, anti-development: Rahul (Lead) - Nov 10, 2008
- BJP wins Bastar for fifth consecutive time (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Congress says it will win Bastar by-poll - Apr 27, 2011
- By-poll ahead, but no one's campaigning in Bastar interiors - May 03, 2011
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
- Bastar is ours, say both BJP and Congress - May 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Congress to woo tribals - Jun 07, 2012
- Amid threats of Maoist violence, Bihar polls enter last lap (Curtainraiser - Phase 6) - Nov 19, 2010
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Committed to restoring peace in Bastar: Raman Singh - May 05, 2011
- Mayawati ignores common man, promotes corrupt: Rahul - Feb 15, 2012
- BJP keeps Maoist issue alive in Chhattisgarh: Congress - Jun 09, 2011
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- BJP government has no control in Bastar: Ajit Jogi - Apr 30, 2011