Chhattisgarh gives free raincoats to poor women workersJune 22nd, 2010 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 22 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government Tuesday launched a scheme to provide free raincoats to 50,000 women farm workers belonging to poorest of the poor families.
Chief Minister Raman Singh launched the scheme here with a Rs.2 crore budgetary allocation for the current fiscal year, 2010-11.
“It’s a rare scheme intended for farm sector women workers belonging to poorest of the poor families covered under the Antyodaya Anna Yojana,” Agriculture Minister Chandrasekhar Sahu said on the sidelines of the launch function.
He said the government will provide raincoats during the current kharif season (monsoon crop-autumn harvest season) to 50,000 women farm workers in phase one of the scheme that will cover 10 blocks of state’s eight districts including the Maoist insurgency-hit Bastar district.
- Sheila Dikshit launches 'Kerosene Free Delhi' scheme - Aug 21, 2012
- Rural job scheme causing farm labour shortage: Study - Feb 12, 2012
- 'Rs.7,000-crore investment proposals in Million Farmers initiative' - Mar 08, 2012
- Rural ministry refuses to suspend rural jobs scheme - Aug 14, 2011
- Thousands of tribals starving in Mizoram, claims NGO - Dec 23, 2010
- Why no social security for unorganised workers, NAC asks government - Apr 30, 2012
- Chhattisgarh suicide: Minister claims innocence - Jul 31, 2012
- Mayawati launches scheme to woo upper caste poor - Nov 01, 2010
- Government health insurance to cover beedi workers - Mar 15, 2012
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to install GPS devices to ensure food reaches poor - Jun 21, 2010
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- 12th Five Year Plan to focus on health: PM - Aug 15, 2011
- Hunger drives widow to commit suicide in Bihar - Mar 04, 2010
- Focus on mechanisation to deal with farm labour shortage - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: agriculture minister, autumn harvest, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, budgetary allocation, chandrasekhar, chief minister, current fiscal year, farm sector, harvest season, kharif season, maoist, poor families, poor women, raincoats, raman singh, rs 2, sahu, women workers, yojana