Chhattisgarh Congress seeks CBI probe into paddy scamMay 8th, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 8 (IANS) The Congress party in Chhattisgarh Friday reiterated its demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into an alleged multi-million rupee scam in procurement of paddy from farmers by cooperative committees.
“Several thousand tonnes of paddy were procured only ‘on paper’ by the cooperative committees across the state during the paddy procurement season that ended earlier this year. We will not let the issue die down. A CBI probe must be ordered,” Congress spokesperson Ramesh Varlyani told IANS.
A Congress delegation led by state party president Dhanendra Sahu had met Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan here Wednesday and sought a CBI investigation into the alleged corruption to the tune of Rs.10 billion.
- Congress demands CBI probe into Chhattisgarh paddy scam - Jun 15, 2009
- Paddy scam to dominate monsoon session in Chhattisgarh assembly - Jun 29, 2009
- Congress wants minister sacked for Maoist links - Mar 11, 2010
- Chhattisgarh Congress stages walk out over paddy scam - Jul 29, 2009
- Andhra minister complains against two 'tainted' colleagues - Sep 29, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Congress team meets governor, seeks central rule (Lead) - Jul 23, 2009
- Chhattisgarh farmers earn record money in paddy sale - Feb 25, 2012
- Graft, scams hog limelight in Himachal assembly (Himachal Pradesh Newsletter) - Apr 01, 2012
- Congress workers to court arrests in Chhattisgarh - Dec 05, 2011
- BJP silent over Congress' charges of selling dam - Jan 21, 2011
- BJP faces tough fight in Chhattisgarh by-poll - Feb 05, 2011
- Diamonds being mined illegally in Chhattisgarh: Congress - Oct 01, 2009
- Congress calls for Chhattisgarh shutdown to protest Maoist attack - Jul 13, 2009
- Congress urges Chidambaram for CBI probe into Chhattisgarh tribal killings - Jan 19, 2009
- Crops worth millions washed off in Chhattisgarh rains - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: alleged corruption, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chhattisgarh, committees, congress party, delegation, farmers, narasimhan, paddy procurement, party president, rupee, sahu, several thousand, spokesperson, tonnes