Chhattisgarh Congress leaders lobbying in Delhi for ticketsSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Sep 23 (IANS) About 250 members of the Chhattisgarh unit of the Congress party, including 20 legislators, have been camping in New Delhi for the past one week to lobby for the party ticket for the November assembly polls.”About 250 leaders, including legislators, district presidents and block chiefs, are in New Delhi to claim tickets. The party’s screening committee will delete several names from Chhattisgarh’s ticket claimants’ list Sep 25-26,” a Congress leader told IANS.
Chhattisgarh goes to polls in November to elect a new 90-member legislative assembly.
Party sources said most of the 34 legislators are tipped to bag tickets. Arun Vora, son of Congress treasurer Motilal Vora, and Amitesh Shukla, son of late Shyamacharan Shukla who was a senior party leader, may also be allowed to contest the polls.
Party sources added that about 50 tickets will go to former chief minister Ajit Jogi’s loyalists, while supporters of other leaders like Vidyacharan Shukla, Charandas Mahant and Arvind Netam will share the remaining 40 tickets.
- Congress appoints office bearers in Chhattisgarh - Oct 04, 2011
- Presidential poll: Congress deflates Chhattisgarh leader's tribal card - Jul 04, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh Congress clueless about chief ministerial candidate - Oct 16, 2008
- Factionalism widens in Chhattisgarh Congress after bypoll loss - Feb 19, 2011
- Hectic lobbying on for new Chhattisgarh Congress chief - Mar 21, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Congress leaders surprised by 'improved performance' - Dec 11, 2008
- Chhattisgarh's lone Congress MP lobbying for ministerial berth - May 23, 2009
- Chhattisgarh Congress leaders in Delhi a month before polls - Oct 19, 2008
- Ajit Jogi waits to use robotic legs - Mar 09, 2012
- Sonia has advice for bickering Chhattisgarh Congress leaders - Sep 18, 2008
- Congress to review poll debacle in Chhattisgarh - Jun 17, 2009
- Congress ignores Jogi for Chhattisgarh legislature party leader - Dec 18, 2008
- Congress factions in Chhattisgarh unite against Jogi - Dec 16, 2008
- Grand welcome to Congress leaders costs Rs.1 million - May 30, 2008