Chennithala denies factionalism in Congress’ Kerala unitJune 14th, 2009 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 14 (IANS) The Congress’ Kerala unit chief Ramesh Chennithala Sunday denied reports that factionalism had resurfaced in the sate unit.
“Things are fine and there are no issues that cannot be solved in our party,” he told reporters after a meeting of the state party office bearers and the newly elected Lok Sabha members.
Soon after the meeting began, there were reports that several leaders owing allegiance to Leader of Opposition Oommen Chandy expressed dissatisfaction in the manner which T.Siddiq, the state Youth Congress president, was unceremoniously removed in March.
A senior Congress leader said that a section of the leaders wanted to bring to the party high command notice the “arbitrary” decisions being made by them. As things started to heat up, Defence Minister A.K.Antony intervened, saying that nobody should criticise the decision of the party high command.
Chennithala said the decision of the high command is final as far as they are concerned.
- Kerala state Congress gears up for revamp - Aug 05, 2012
- Congress duo proves winning combination in Kerala - Nov 09, 2010
- 'Some minister's personal staff run Kerala government - Jul 29, 2012
- Chandy likely to be next Kerala chief minister - May 15, 2011
- 50 percent newcomers, women, youth likely in Congress' Kerala list - Mar 23, 2011
- Chandy, Chennithala to name Congress candidates - Mar 12, 2011
- Chandy off to Delhi to discuss fifth berth controversy - Apr 15, 2012
- Chandy not in Rahul's good books, says Kodiyeri Balakrishnan - Mar 30, 2011
- Congress in Kerala may be exulting too soon (Letter from Kerala) - Nov 22, 2010
- Keep the flock together, Sonia Gandhi tells Kerala leaders - May 25, 2011
- Chennithala supports Chandy for Kerala chief minister - May 15, 2011
- Kerala CPI-M legislator resigns - Mar 09, 2012
- Chennithala, Muraleedharan likely to contest - Mar 09, 2011
- Kerala UDF constituencts call truce - Apr 22, 2012
- Congress asks Kerala to protect agricultural land - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: antony, arbitrary decisions, congress leader, congress president, defence minister, dissatisfaction, june 14, kerala, leader of opposition, lok sabha members, owing allegiance, unit chief, youth congress