Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants second wifeFebruary 25th, 2011 - 11:55 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ramzan Kadyrov, head of the southern Russian republic of Chechnya, fully supports the idea of polygamy and says he is looking for a beautiful woman to become his second wife, according to a media report. “Currently, I am on the look out, but I cannot find a beautiful one. If there was, I would marry her immediately. I am always on the look out for a worthy bride,” Kadyrov said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper.
Kadyrov’s wife, Medni, is from his native village of Tsentoroi. They have six children.
“If there is love, it’s ok to have four wives… If you can build a home, keep your wives in the same conditions, not infringe their rights, then Sharia (Islamic law) allows a man to have four wives,” he said.
“It is much fairer than keeping one or two mistresses while your children starve at home,” he added.
The leader said he did not cheat on his wife, and stressed that Sharia allows a second marriage only if the first wife agrees.
“If my wife was against polygamy I wouldn’t have married her,” he joked.
- Chechen leader denies having hit-list - Sep 19, 2012
- Russia's Chechnya, Ingushetia involved in land grabbing row - Aug 27, 2012
- Four militants killed in Chechnya operation - Sep 21, 2012
- Russia's Chechnya to help reconcile split couples - Mar 21, 2012
- Chechens not fighting in Syria: Kadyrov - Jul 23, 2012
- Boys born on late Chechen president's birthday get cash - Aug 26, 2011
- Two police officers among 12 killed in Chechnya - Aug 29, 2010
- Russian army buys cutting-edge mine detectors - Jan 24, 2012
- Russian attempts suicide after watching 'The Amazing Spider-Man' - Jul 07, 2012
- Man with binoculars killed near Ukraine nudist beach - Aug 29, 2012
- Three killed in militant attack on Chechen parliament - Oct 19, 2010
- Five Russian journalists set free by Libyan rebels - Apr 09, 2011
- Blast rocks Russia's North Caucasus - Nov 26, 2010
- Shuttlecock shooters to control crowds in Russia - Jun 07, 2012
- Gang jailed for paedophile tours to Moldova - May 30, 2012
Tags: beautiful one, beautiful woman, chechnya, first wife, four wives, islamic law, komsomolskaya pravda, marriage, mistresses, mj, moscow, polygamy, republic of chechnya, ria novosti, russian republic of chechnya, second marriage, second wife, southern russian republic, there is love