Chavez back in Cuba for cancer treatmentMarch 26th, 2012 - 6:33 am ICT by IANS
Havana, March 26 (IANS) Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez who is battling cancer has returned to Cuba for a round of chemotherapy.
Chavez is back in Havana only a week after returning home from the country. He had spent 21 days here recovering from a surgery to remove a tumor from his pelvic area.
“Last night (Saturday) I underwent the first session of radiation therapy without any problems,” Chavez told Venezuela’s Vice President Elias Jaua.
He was scheduled for another session Sunday night, Xinhua reported.
Chavez will return home Thursday.
The Venezuelan leader has undergone three surgeries and four chemotherapy sessions in Havana since his cancer was diagnosed in June 2011.
Chavez, who served as president of Venezuela since 1999, has said he will run again in the upcoming presidential elections Oct 7.
- Chavez in good physical condition after operation: Venezuela - Feb 29, 2012
- Chavez returns to Cuba for cancer treatment - Apr 09, 2012
- Chavez in Cuba for another round of cancer treatment - Apr 16, 2012
- Chavez to return to Venezuela this week - Apr 24, 2012
- Chavez heads back to Venezuela - Mar 17, 2012
- Chavez takes to Twitter after surgery - Mar 02, 2012
- Chavez says his progress is favourable - Mar 13, 2012
- Chavez says tumour was malignant - Mar 05, 2012
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says he is free of cancer - Oct 21, 2011
- Chavez returns to Cuba for treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Hugo Chavez to start chemotherapy treatment - Jul 18, 2011
- Chavez to travel to Cuba for surgery - Feb 24, 2012
- Chavez cancer confirmation stuns Venezuela - Jul 01, 2011
- Hugo Chavez calls doctor 'a liar' after saying he has 2 years left to live - Oct 28, 2011
- Cancer once made Chavez consider leaving politics - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: cancer treatment, chemotherapy, cuba, elias, havana, hugo chavez, oct 7, pelvic area, president hugo chavez, president of venezuela, presidential elections, radiation therapy, returning home, sessions, surgeries, tumor, venezuelan president hugo, venezuelan president hugo chavez, vice president, xinhua