Chautala gets interim bail in graft caseMay 3rd, 2010 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 3 (IANS) A city court Monday granted interim bail to former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala in a corruption case filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Special CBI Judge P.S. Teji granted interim bail to Chautala, 75, a sitting legislator of Haryana, on conditions of furnishing a personal bond and a surety of Rs.1 lakh each.
His plea for a regular bail is likely to be decided Tuesday.
The court summoned Chautala after taking cognisance April 20 of a chargesheet filed against him by the CBI.
On March 26, the CBI filed a chargesheet against Chautala for allegedly possessing assets worth Rs.6.09 crore disproportionate to the known sources of his income between 1993 and 2006.
Chautala has held the post of Haryana chief minister on five occasions. He last held the post between July 1999 and March 2005.
He currently represents Uchana Kalan constituency of Hissar district in Haryana assembly.
The CBI searched 24 premises of Chautala in Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Chandigarh during which it seized Rs.13 lakh and five frozen bank accounts containing Rs.1.34 crore belonging to Chautala and his family members.
The CBI had earlier filed charge sheets against Chautala’s two sons, Ajay and Abhay, both Haryana legislators, in disproportionate assets cases.
- Chautala's interim bail extended in graft case - May 04, 2010
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- Bailable warrant against Haryana legislator Abhay Chautala - Feb 15, 2010
- High court refuses to stay graft case against Chautala - Sep 19, 2011
- Abhay Chautala gets interim bail in graft case - Feb 22, 2010
- Abhay Chautala facing bailable warrant - Feb 15, 2010
- Graft case against Chautala brothers stayed (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Hearing adjourned on Chautala son's plea against graft charges - Sep 17, 2010
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Court's 'No' to Ajay Chautala's plea on Pakistan visit - Jun 16, 2010
- Why no sanction sought, court asks CBI in Chautalas case - Mar 22, 2010
- Apex court rejects Chautala brothers' plea - Jul 04, 2011
- Apex court stays anti-graft hearings against Chautalas - Oct 22, 2010
- Ajay Singh Chautala seeks quashing of corruption charges, trial - Jan 03, 2012
- Haryana panel formed on takeover of Chautala trusts - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: abhay, ajay, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandigarh, charge sheets, chief minister, constituency, corruption case, crore, frozen bank accounts, graft case, himachal pradesh, legislator, legislators, personal bond, rajasthan, rs 1, surety, uttarakhand