Charge sheets filed against Kodnani, PatelMay 1st, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, May 1 (IANS) The Supreme Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) Friday filed charge sheets against former Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani and Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Jaideep Patel for their role in the 2002 communal violence.
Kodnani, who had to step down as minister of state for women’s welfare and higher education, and Patel face charges of abetting communal violence in Naroda on the outskirts of the city Feb 28, 2002.
The charge sheets were filed hours after the Supreme Court asked the SIT to help set up fast-track courts for speedy trial of key cases of violence.
- SIT files charge sheets against Kodnani, Patel (Lead) - May 01, 2009
- Riot tainted Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2009
- Another Gujarat police officer faces action - Aug 11, 2011
- Why shouldn't bail be cancelled, court asks Kodnani and Patel - Feb 24, 2009
- Kapil Sibal, Ahmed Patel framed me: Maya Kodnani - Apr 04, 2009
- Kodnani, Patel sent to four-day police remand - Mar 28, 2009
- Gujarat judge refuses to hear plea against minister - Feb 19, 2009
- Ahmedabad court extends police remand of Mayaben Kodnani, Jaideep Patel till April 4 - Apr 01, 2009
- Mayaben Kodnani's police custody ends today - Apr 01, 2009
- Gujarat VHP leader missing after court rejects bail - Mar 27, 2009
- Ahmedabad riot victims, lawyers welcome Supreme Court move - May 01, 2009
- Minister ingores summons, Modi government defends her - Feb 04, 2009
- Gujarat HC rejects Maya Kodnani's bail plea - Mar 27, 2009
- BJP minister, charged with inciting riots, surrenders (Roundup) - Mar 27, 2009
- Former Gujarat minister to be sent to jail - Apr 09, 2009
Tags: ahmedabad, charge sheets, city feb, communal violence, face charges, fast track, gujarat minister, higher education, investigation team, jaideep, maya, minister of state, outskirts, speedy trial, supreme court, vhp, vishwa hindu parishad, welfare