Chander Mohan, second wife differ on ‘kidnap’ drama (Lead)January 28th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 28 (IANS) A high-profile love story with political twists has gone terribly wrong in Haryana with the two main characters ending up with differences over a “kidnapping” drama Wednesday.Former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan (now Chand Mohammed) refuted his second wife Anuradha Bali’s (now Fiza) claims Wednesday that he had been “kidnapped” earlier in the day.
Bali, a city lawyer who changed her name to Fiza to get married to Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed after both converted to Islam, told reporters here that her husband was missing since Wednesday morning.
She claimed that a few people came to meet him at their residence in Sector 48 here and later forcibly took him away in a vehicle.
“I have not been able to communicate with him since then. I am complaining to the police. They might cause him harm or even kill him,” a weeping Fiza said.
She blamed Chand’s younger brother and Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldip Bishnoi for the alleged abduction.
“One man, named Devi Lal, who has a criminal past and is close to Kuldip (Bishnoi), took Chand away. The family has been threatening us,” she alleged.
Chander Mohan, speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, refuted Fiza’s allegation that he has been “kidnapped”.
“I left the house on my own and informed her. I have not been kidnapped. I am not a lamb that I can be taken away by someone,” Chander Mohan told IANS.
He said he would return to Fiza and that he loved her.
Chander Mohan’s younger brother, Kuldip Bishnoi told reporters in Ambala city, 45 km from here, that he had no role in his brother going missing.
“We have no relation with him after my father (Bhajan Lal) disowned him after his second marriage. I am not a kidnapper,” Bishnoi said.
Chander Mohan is the elder son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal. The Haryana strongman disowned his son after he secretly married Anuradha alias Fiza last month in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
Chander Mohan, then Haryana’s deputy chief minister, had remained “missing” from here for over 40 days and even his chief minister had no idea where he was. He surfaced only after getting married a second time.
Chander Mohan has been living with Fiza in her house in Sector 48 since December last year.
His first wife and two children live with Bhajan Lal’s family.
Fiza claimed that Chand enjoyed Z-category security when he was the deputy chief minister, but has no security cover now as the Haryana government withdrew it after their marriage.
Chander Mohan is the sitting Congress legislator from Kalka assembly seat, adjoining state capital Chandigarh. He has been elected from the seat four times.
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Second wife says former Haryana deputy chief minister 'kidnapped' - Jan 28, 2009
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Haryana''s former Deputy CM Chand Mohammad goes missing - Jan 28, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Chander Mohan's love life costs him Congress ticket - Sep 24, 2009
- Fiza finally complains to police against Chand Mohammed - Feb 16, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza serves 48-hour ultimatum to Chand Mohammed - Feb 05, 2009
Tags: abduction, allegation, bhajan lal, bishnoi, chand, chander, city lawyer, congress leader, deputy chief minister, haryana, jan 28, kidnapper, kuldip, love story, meerut, mohan, second marriage, second wife, strongman, undisclosed location