Chandauli result, last to be declared, won by Samajwadi PartyMay 17th, 2009 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 17 (IANS) The Chandauli Lok Sabha seat in Uttar Pradesh was won by the Samajwadi Party (SP), the poll panel said here Sunday. It was the last result in the 2009 general elections to be declared.
Ram Kishun of the SP won the seat by 459 votes, defeating his nearest rival, Kailash Nath Singh Yadav of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), Deputy Chief Electoral Officer Atiq Ahmed Siddiqui said.
The declaration of the result was delayed as two electronic voting machines developed technical snags. While one of the EVMs was repaired, the other one, which has 267 votes, could not be rectified, he said.
- Jammed EVM holds up one result in Uttar Pradesh - May 17, 2009
- BJP adds Ghaziabad mayor's seat to its kitty - Jul 08, 2012
- Chandauli candidates still await result - May 17, 2009
- Digvijay asks SP not to repeat goons' rule in UP - Mar 06, 2012
- Trinamool wins first assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2012
- On Delhi's edge, BSP holds sway (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- BJP leading in Uttarakhand - Mar 06, 2012
- Close contest in Uttarakhand (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Uttarakhand headed for hung assembly - Mar 06, 2012
- Close fight in Uttarakhand (Third Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP extends lead in Uttarakhand (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- No post-poll alliance for BJP: Gadkari - Mar 05, 2012
- Major gains for BJP in UP urban body polls - Jul 07, 2012
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012