Chand does another volte-face, back with FizaJune 14th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 14 (IANS) The last word in the Chand-Fiza love story is yet to be heard. Former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed Sunday did another volte-face and returned to Anuradha Bali alias Fiza after having secretly married her illegally and then controversially “divorcing” her.
Chander Mohan arrived at her residence in Mohali town, adjoining Chandigarh, and apologised to her.
“I have apologised to her. I have not divorced her,” Chander Mohan, donning a new crew-cut and wearing a white tee, told reporters at her residence.
Though smiling and feeling vindicated at the turn of events, Bali said she would consider his “apology” even though she had not made up her mind so far on forgiving him.
“I will think about living with him again and withdrawing the case against him. He had been misled by others,” Bali told IANS.
Chander Mohan and Bali had secretly got married November last year by converting to Islam. He was already married to Seema Bishnoi and had three children from her.
Both surfaced after their marriage in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city December last year. After a nearly 40-day stay together, Chander Mohan suddenly left her house and was later traced in London.
Adding drama to the controversial marriage, Chander Mohan then gave her divorce over phone and through SMS in February.
Both have traded charges against each other in the last four months but Sunday marked a new chapter in their controversial story that has inspired Bollywood producers too.
Chander Mohan got himself a new name, wife and religion in this marriage but lost his high-profile job as Haryana’s deputy chief minister in the process. He returned from London last week to announce that he would now return to politics, but said nothing about going back to Fiza.
He is a Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly constituency.
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Another Chand volte-face, back with Fiza (Lead) - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand again Chander Mohan, returns to Hinduism - Jul 28, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Three arrested for creating ruckus outside Fiza's house - Jun 15, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
Tags: alias, bali, bishnoi, chandigarh, constituency, controversial marriage, controversial story, converting to islam, crew cut, deputy chief minister, four months, last word, legislator, love story, meerut city, mohan, new chapter, uttar pradesh, volte face, white tee