Chand again Chander Mohan, returns to HinduismJuly 28th, 2009 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 28 (IANS) The much talked about Chand-Fiza love saga took a fresh twist Tuesday with the former Haryana deputy chief minister returning to both Hinduism and his original name of Chander Mohan. This raised a question mark over the status of his second wife, Anuradha Bali, who had changed her name to Fiza before their marriage.
Chander Mohan visited a temple in the Haryana’s Hisar town, some 275 km from here, and returned to Hinduism in the presence of religious leaders.
“I apologized before my community and I have realized that marrying Fiza was the biggest mistake of his life,” Chander Mohan said after re-adopting the Hindu religion.
Chander Mohan Monday expressed his desire to return to the Hindu religion, saying he loved his mother very much and wanted to stay with her.
Son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, Chander Mohan had lost the deputy chief minister’s post after marrying Fiza.
The duo married secretly in Nov 2008 after converting to Islam. At that time, Chand was married to Seema Bishnoi and they have three children.
Chand and Fiza had surfaced after their marriage in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city in Dec 2008. After staying together for nearly 40 days, Chand suddenly left her house and was later traced in London.
Adding drama to the controversial marriage, he then “divorced” her over the phone and through SMS in Feb 2009. But in June, he apologised to her and again started living with her in her house in Mohali town, adjoining Chandigarh.
Chand met with an accident July 8, fracturing his hip joint. At that time, Fiza was in Malaysia to take part in a reality show.
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand now wants to return to Hinduism, live with mother - Jul 27, 2009
- Chand-Fiza episode could eclipse Chander Mohan's political fortunes - Sep 11, 2009
- Fiza to move court against Chander Mohan - Sep 25, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: anuradha, bali, bishnoi, chandigarh, controversial marriage, converting to islam, deputy chief minister, hindu religion, hinduism, hisar, lal, marriage, meerut city, mohan, question mark, reality show, religious leaders, saga, second wife, uttar pradesh