CDs were fabricated, doctored, says DhumalMarch 9th, 2010 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, March 9 (IANS) A raging controversy over the audio CDs got a new twist Tuesday with Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal announcing in the state assembly that they were fabricated and doctored.
“A CFSL (Central Forensic Science Laboratory) report shows discontinuity, editing, modification with alterations. Discontinuity was observed at five instances in one CD and three in the second CD,” Dhumal said while replying on the motion of thanks on the governor’s address.
“This means the CDs were recorded by using different speeches,” he said while replying to the charge made by Congress Legislature Party leader Vidya Stokes that the state had earned disgrace after the CDs surfaced.
The two audio CDs circulating since January allegedly have Dhumal directing vigilance chief D.S. Manhas to tap the phones of former chief minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh.
Manhas is investigating the corruption cases registered against Singh and Pratibha Singh Aug 3, 2009.
Later talking to reporters, Dhumal said, “The investigating agency had sent the CDs to two CFSLs - one in Gujarat and the other in Chandigarh - for analysis. So far, the CFSL based in Gujarat has sent its report. We are still awaiting the report of the Chandigarh-based laboratory,” he said.
However, Virbhadra Singh, who was booked on the basis of an audio CD where he was heard talking of money, has accused the state government of double standards.
In a statement last week, Singh said, “When I claimed that the CD allegedly containing my voice is fabricated, the government decided to send the CD to the CFSL in Chandigarh with a specific question as to whether a particular sentence extracted from the CD was in my voice or not…But when the CDs containing voices of Dhumal and Manhas surfaced, the same investigating agency merely asked the CFSL whether the CD was edited or not.”
- CD row: Virbhadra questions Dhumal over clean chit - Mar 13, 2010
- Virbhadra Singh questions Himachal probe into CDs - Mar 03, 2010
- Corruption case: Virbhadra Singh again moves high court - Sep 14, 2010
- Virbhadra voice CD in a graft case played in court - May 31, 2012
- Charge sheet to be filed against Virbhadra (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Court defers Virbhadra Singh's plea in graft case - Sep 24, 2010
- Himachal High Court turns down Virbhadra's plea - Sep 03, 2010
- Himachal judge recuses himself from Virbhadra case - Sep 16, 2010
- Two more judges recuse themselves from Virbhadra case - Sep 17, 2010
- Virbhadra graft case: Order on charge June 25 - Jun 06, 2012
- Virbhadra case: Court puts off decision to shift probe to CBI - Sep 27, 2010
- Graft case: Virbhadra gets audio tape's copy - May 22, 2012
- No chargesheet against Virbhadra Singh till Sep 24 (Lead) - Sep 17, 2010
- Dhumal orders probe into release of phone tapping CD - Jan 20, 2010
- Court turns down Virbhadra's plea to transfer case to CBI (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
Tags: alterations, audio cd, audio cds, cfsl, chandigarh, chief minister, congress legislature party, corruption cases, discontinuity, disgrace, forensic science laboratory, gujarat, investigating agency, laboratory report, new twist, party leader, shimla, state assembly, state government, vigilance