CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan caseJune 5th, 2012 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 4 (IANS) Ten days after the arrest of a cabinet minister in Andhra Pradesh in YSR Congress party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy’s illegal assets case, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned another minister for questioning.
The investigating agency Monday issued notice to Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah directing him to appear before it on June 7, CBI sources said.
The minister would be appearing before CBI on the day when five-day CBI custody of jailed MP Jaganmohan Reddy would come to an end.
Lakshmaiah, as minister for major industries in the earlier cabinet of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, had issued orders allocating water from Krishna river to some cement companies which invested in the companies of Rajasekhara Reddy’s son Jaganmohan Reddy.
The CBI on May 24 arrested then excise minister Mopidevi Venkataramana. He is now lodged in Chanchalguda Central Jail.
Venkataramna had issued orders allotting land and extending other concessions for Vanpic company, whose promoter Nimmagadda Prasad made investments in Jagan’s companies.
Lakshmaiah will be the fourth minister to be questioned by the CBI in the case. The agency had already questioned Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy and Roads and Buildings Minister Dharmana Prasada Rao. Two other ministers are also under the CBI scanner.
The Supreme Court in March had issued notices to the six ministers and eight Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officials, asking them why their role should not be probed in issuing 26 controversial government orders during YSR’s tenure.
- CBI seeks another three-day custody of Jagan - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day, summons two aides - Jun 05, 2012
- Venkataramana's arrest sends Andhra ministers into tizzy - May 24, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan assets case - May 18, 2012
- Andhra minister named in Jagan's illegal assets case - Aug 13, 2012
- Andhra minister resigns after CBI names him in charge sheet - Aug 15, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI summons BCCI chief in Jagan case - Jun 08, 2012
- Former Andhra minister sent to jail - May 30, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
Tags: cabinet minister, cbi sources, cement companies, central bureau of investigation, central jail, concessions, congress party, government orders, home minister, indian administrative service, information technology minister, investigating agency, jagan, krishna, party leader, prasada, promoter, rao, summons, ysr