CBI sleuths probing Koda’s scam cases to get securityAugust 16th, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Aug 16 (IANS) The Jharkhand High Court Monday directed the state government to provide security to officials of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probing a multi-crore rupee scam allegedly involving former chief minister Madhu Koda.
“The CBI had sought security for those involved in investigations into the Koda scam and it had also sought manpower from the state police in the investigation. The court accepted both the pleas,” said Rajiv Kumar, lawyer of Durga Oraon on whose Public Interest Litigation (PIL) the court ordered a CBI probe into the case early this month.
The court also directed state police chief to present petitioner Durga Oraon in the court Aug 31.
The high court Aug 4 ordered a CBI probe against Koda, who was the chief minister between 2006-08, and five former ministers for amassing assets more than their known sources of income.
The CBI lodged two first information reports (FIRs) against Koda and five former Ministers Aug 11. The FIRs have been lodged under various section of the Prevention of Corruption Act and penal provisions related to cheating and conspiracy to cheat.
After lodging the FIRs, the CBI sought security for officials involved in the investigation and five police officials to carry forward the investigation.
Koda and three of his former ministerial colleagues — Enos Ekka, Harinarayan Rai and Kamlesh Singh — are in jail in the graft case. They were arrested by the vigilance bureau last year. The vigilance bureau had filed a charge sheet against them.
The Income Tax department and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) raided the houses of Koda and his associates in October last year and February this year.
The ED filed a case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act against Koda and the three jailed ex-ministers.
- CBI takes over Koda scam probe - Aug 12, 2010
- Court asks CBI to trace PIL mover in Koda scam - Aug 31, 2010
- CBI probe ordered against Koda in assets case - Aug 04, 2010
- Jharkhand asked to give security to Koda scam petitioner - Sep 06, 2010
- Rs.200 crore invested by Koda in Sweden traced, court told (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Two hawala traders linked to Koda money laundering scam nabbed - Aug 12, 2010
- Plea for CBI probe into Shibu Soren's assets - Jun 21, 2011
- IT, ED not cooperating in Koda scam probe, says Jharkhand - Feb 06, 2010
- Jharkhand court rejects Koda's bail plea - May 14, 2010
- Munda orders CBI probe into electrification scandal - Aug 10, 2011
- Koda scam: Jharkhand ready for CBI probe if court wants - Feb 04, 2010
- BJP upset as Jharkhand refuses CBI probe against Koda - Jan 29, 2010
- Koda to be quizzed separately by vigilance, enforcement officials - Dec 05, 2009
- The difficulty of being Jharkhand whistleblower Durga Oraon - Sep 21, 2010
- Koda scam may be handed over to CBI - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, crore, ekka, enforcement directorate, graft case, jharkhand high court, kamlesh, madhu koda, ministerial colleagues, money laundering act, oraon, penal provisions, police officials, prevention of corruption act, public interest litigation, rajiv kumar, sleuths, vigilance