CBI searches JMM legislator Sita Soren’s houseMay 22nd, 2012 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 22 (IANS) The CBI Tuesday searched the house of Sita Soren, a Jharkhand Mukti Morcha legislator and daughter-in-law of party leader Shibu Soren, official sources said. The agency is probing horse-trading charges in the countermanded March 30 Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls.
The Central Bureau of Investigation team searched the house in Sita Soren’s presence. Her house in Dhruva was first raided May 18, but could not be searched since she was not present there. The house was subsequently sealed and searched after she arrived there Tuesday.
The agency had May 18 raided 35 houses belonging to 14 legislators, including Jharkhand Labour Minister and former BJP Rajya Sabha MP Chandra Prakash Chaudhary.
The raids, said a source, are based on the March 30 ballot boxes counted by the CBI. The legislators are said to have crossed party lines to vote in the Rajya Sabha poll.
CBI Director A.P. Singh during a visit to Ranchi early this month had said that the charge-sheet in the case would be filed within five months.
The March 30 polls were countermanded after Rs.2.15 crore in cash was seized from the vehicle of a relative of an independent candidate. Fresh elections were held May 3.
- 'Congress MP offered me Rs.25 lakh bribe' - Apr 23, 2012
- CBI again searches Jharkhand Congress lawmaker's home - Apr 22, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll: CBI searches lawmakers' homes - Apr 21, 2012
- Horse trading: Premises of 14 Jharkhand MLAs raided - May 18, 2012
- CBI raids 19 places in Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll case - Jun 13, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: CBI charges three with horse trading - Apr 20, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls: High court dismisses petition - Apr 05, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012
- Banks, legislators' accounts under scanner in Jharkhand RS polls - Apr 09, 2012
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- JMM fields Saneev Kumar for Rajya Sabha - Apr 17, 2012
- Munda licks wounds after BJP defeat - May 04, 2012
- Cong, JMM and BJP in fray for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Marandi's party to stay away from Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: ballot boxes, bjp, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandra prakash, crore, five months, horse trading, independent candidate, investigation team, jharkhand, labour minister, legislator, legislators, mp, party leader, rajya sabha, ranchi, rs 2, shibu soren