CBI raids NCP leader Padamsinh Patil’s residenceJune 19th, 2009 - 2:19 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) conducted a raid on the residence of murder accused Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Padamsinh Patil here late Thursday night.
According to a source, the CBI seized arms and ammunitions, huge amount of cash, besides several incrimidating documents during the raid on NCP leader’s flat in Shangrila Building in South Mumbai’s Colaba locality.
The recovery includes three guns, one revolver, more than Rs.700,000 of cash, unsepecified quantity of ammunitions, half a dozen high-frequency walkie-talkie sets, five computers, certain documents and CDs.
Patil has been accused of murdering his cousin and Congress leader Pavan Raje Nimbalkar and his driver Samad Qazi near Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai July 3, 2006.
Currently he is in CBI custody till June 19.
- Arms haul from NCP leader Padamsinh Patil's homes (Lead) - Jun 19, 2009
- Murder accused NCP MP in jail till July 3 - Jun 20, 2009
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Murder accused MP Padamsinh Patil fined Rs.10,000 - Jun 07, 2011
- CBI raids houses of murder accused NCP MP - Jun 25, 2009
- CBI recovers walkie-talkie from NCP MP's house - Jun 19, 2009
- Patil's CBI custody extended till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- Padamsinh Patil's arrest embarrassing for party: NCP - Jun 08, 2009
- Slain Congress leader's wife wants trial in Mumbai - Mar 11, 2012
- NCP suspends MP accused of murder - Jun 10, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with Congress leader's murder, in CBI custody (Fourth Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Accused NCP MP sent to CBI custody till June 20 - Jun 14, 2009
- NCP MP Padamsinh Patil charged with murder of Congress leader (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- Forensic experts to probe murder of Maharashtra Congress leader - Jun 11, 2009
- NCP MP arrest: Maharashtra opposition creates ruckus - Jun 08, 2009
Tags: cbi raids, colaba, congress leader, cousin, five computers, guns, half a dozen, high frequency, investigations, locality, nationalist congress party, navi mumbai, pavan, raje, revolver, south mumbai, thursday night, walkie talkie