CBI questions sacked Rajasthan minister’s wifeNovember 12th, 2011 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Nov 12 (IANS) The CBI Saturday quizzed sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna’s wife Lila and Congress legislator from Luni constituency Malkhan Singh over their alleged involvement in the case of missing nurse Bhanwari Devi. The former minister stayed away from from the questioning citing ill-health, sources said.
Bhanwari Devi had gone missing from Jodhpur’s Bilara area Sep 1. Maderna was sacked from the cabinet by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Oct 16 over allegations that he had a role in her disappearance.
It was alleged that the nurse had started blackmailing Maderna on the basis of a CD showing both of them in a compromising position.
Though officially it was not confirmed, sources told IANS that Maderna was also asked to appear before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Saturday but he presented a medical certificate and expressed his inability to come.
Maderna, legislator from Osian, is likely to be questioned by the CBI Monday.
“Both Lila and Malkhan were grilled for a couple of hours in circuit house here,” said a source in the CBI.
After facing CBI sleuths, Lila talking to media said that her husband was innocent and a CD, aired by certain TV channels, was fabricated and aimed at maligning their family.
“I frankly do not have any clue of any relationship between Bhanwari and my husband and even if they were in a relationship, it is not an offence,” said Lila.
“I feel that it was an act of mutual consent,” she added.
- Rajasthan ex-minister Maderna hospitalised - Nov 13, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- 'Missing nurse's body might be in lime kiln' - Nov 26, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Gehlot meets Maderna in hospital - Nov 15, 2011
- One more arrested in Bhanwari case - Jan 17, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Maderna being questioned by CBI - Dec 05, 2011
- Bhanwari Devi case: Some more items recovered - Jan 07, 2012
- CBI arrests two more in missing nurse case - Jan 25, 2012
- Probe Ashok Gehlot in missing nurse case: BJP - Nov 08, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Bhanwari case: Setback for CBI as accused refuses to testify - Jan 11, 2012
- Key suspect in missing nurse case surrenders, arrested (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Another accused refuses to testify - Jan 24, 2012
- Bhanwari case: Suspect's property to be seized - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: ashok, bhanwari devi, bilara, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, constituency, disappearance, health sources, ill health, legislator, lila, medical certificate, mutual consent, offence, osian, quizzed, rajasthan, sleuths, tv channels