CBI questions Jagan for third dayMay 27th, 2012 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 27 (IANS) YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for the third consecutive day Sunday in the disproportionate assests case.
Jagan, as the Kadapa MP is popularly known, reached Dilkusha Guest House, the CBI camp office, at 10.30 a.m. He was accompanied by Congress MP Sabbam Hari and Congress legislators Alla Nani and S. Krishna Rao.
Jagan was questioned by the CBI for over seven hours each Friday and Saturday.
A few minutes before Jagan reached the guest house, his auditor and another accused in the case Vijay Sai Reddy reached there with his lawyer.
The CBI is likely to question Jagan in the presence of Vijay Sai Reddy, who is on bail.
The agency will also grill industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K.V. Brahmananda Reddy, whose 10-day CBI custody is ending Sunday.
However, former minister Mopidevi Venkataramna, who was arrested four days ago, was Sunday rushed to a corporate hospital after he complained of uneasiness.
During the last two days, the CBI questioned Jagan, Venkataramna, Prasad and Brahmananda Reddy individually as well as together.
The agency is grilling Jagan as to how his wealth increased dramatically after his father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy became the chief minister in 2004. The 40-year-old last year declared that he owns assets of Rs.356 crore.
The CBI believes that Jagan conspired with his father to dole out favours to certain companies in return for the investments they made into his firms.
Jagan will appear in the CBI court Monday.
- Jagan arrested in assets case, Andhra on alert (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan in illegal assets case (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- CBI to continue questioning Jagan Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- CBI begins grilling Jagan for second day - May 26, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan for over 7 hours, to continue questioning Saturday (Evening Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan graft case (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI grills Jagan, two others in illegal assets case (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Jagan appears before CBI team amid tight security (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for third day, summons two aides - Jun 05, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested, sent to judicial custody in Jagan graft case (Evening Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI questions Jagan for second day (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Andhra minister arrested in Jagan's graft case (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI grills Andhra minister in Jagan case - May 23, 2012
Tags: assests, brahmananda, bureaucrat, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, congress party, favours, industrialist, jagan, kadapa, krishna rao, nani, party leader, prasad, s krishna, sabbam, seven hours, third day, ysr