CBI probe against Yeddyurappa from TuesdayMay 12th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 12 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) may Tuesday start probing corruption charges against former Karnataka chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa, a CBI official said Saturday.
“The Supreme Court has ordered a specific probe against Yeddyurappa. It is about the funding received by an NGO run by Yeddyurappa’s family. The NGO was funded by mining and industrial companies,” said the official who did not want to be named.
On the progress of the CBI probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam, the official said: “We are investigating the period when Pramod Mahajan and Dayanidhi Maran were telecom ministers.”
The official said investigation into charges of horse trading during this year’s Jharkhand Rajya Sabha election was proceeding in the right direction and a charge sheet would be filed in two to three months.
On the case against former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, the official said the agency would be sending an officer to Dubai to arrest Sanjay Chaudhary, a key associate of Koda and an accused in the Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam.
He was arrested by Interpol in Dubai in November last year but was released on bail.
CBI director A.P. Singh arrived here on a two-day visit and met officials and reviewed key cases, including the fodder, bitumen and medical scams.
- Madhu Koda's aide arrested in Dubai - Nov 09, 2011
- Fodder scam: Key facts - Jan 31, 2012
- 2G case: CBI records Jaswant Singh's statement - Sep 24, 2011
- Charges framed against Lalu, Mishra in fodder scam (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Koda scam may be handed over to CBI - Jul 12, 2010
- CBI raids Marans, DMK silent - Oct 10, 2011
- Munda orders CBI probe into electrification scandal - Aug 10, 2011
- JPC meets CBI chief, may call Maran on 2G - Jun 07, 2011
- May quiz Jaswant on telecom issues, CBI tells apex court - Sep 01, 2011
- CBI questions Arun Shourie in 2G Spectrum scam - Feb 25, 2011
- CBI bid to shield Loop Telecom in 2G scam: NGO (Lead) - Dec 15, 2011
- Ready to answer CBI questions on spectrum: Arun Shourie - Dec 18, 2010
- Stronger case against Dayanidhi Maran than Raja: CBI - Oct 10, 2011
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- No Maran role in Aircel deal, CBI tells apex court (Lead) - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: bitumen, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, corruption charges, dayanidhi maran, fodder, horse trading, interpol, jharkhand, karnataka chief minister, madhu koda, money laundering, ngo, pramod mahajan, rajya sabha, ranchi, right direction, rs 2, sanjay, spectrum allocation