CBI grills Yeddyurappa in mining bribery caseJuly 8th, 2012 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, July 7 (IANS) As he scored a political victory Saturday by forcing his Bharatiya Janata Party to replace his successor D.V. Sadananda Gowda, former Karnataka chief minister B. S. Yeddyurappa was grilled by the Central Bureau of Investigation here in mining bribery case.
Also questioned along with him were his son and BJP Lok Sabha member B. Y.Raghavendra and former minister S. N. Krishnaiah Setty, CBI sources said.
The CBI has registered a case against Yeddyurappa, Raghavendra, second son B.Y. Vijayendra, son-in-law R.N. Sohan Kumar and Setty.
They are accused of taking kickbacks for granting mining licence toa private company.
The CBI probe is on the directive of the Supreme Court.
Yeddyurappa faced CBI as is party leadership decided in New Delhi to bowto his demand to replace Gowda with Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar. A formal announcement would be made Sunday.
–Indo-aAsian News Service
- Appear in court March 24 or face arrest, Yeddyurappa told - Mar 05, 2012
- Yeddyurappa told to appear in court in corruption case - Feb 04, 2012
- Karnataka gets cabinet; ex-minister jailed, Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy summoned (Night Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Yeddyurappa jailed till Oct 22 in corruption cases - Oct 16, 2011
- Shettar to be new Karnataka chief minister - Jul 07, 2012
- Court allows Yeddyurappa to travel outside Bangalore - Aug 14, 2012
- Jaitley reaching Bangalore on trouble-shooting mission (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Another Karnataka BJP minister faces criminal cases - Feb 23, 2012
- Another Karnataka BJP minister faces criminal cases (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Apex court tells CBI to probe graft charges against Yeddyurappa (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Second Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Bribery charges against Yeddyurappa need probe: Panel - Mar 29, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Gowda quits as Karnataka CM (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Yeddyurappa, kin get anticipatory bail in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: aasian, bharatiya janata party, bribery case, cbi probe, cbi sources, central bureau of investigation, development minister, formal announcement, jagadish, karnataka chief minister, kickbacks, lok sabha member, party leadership, political victory, raghavendra, rural development, setty, sohan, vijayendra, vsk